Depression - Kevin DDM

(Age 13)

You couldn't help it. Between your "friends" at school, the fans, and basically anybody else who saw you, you couldn't escape the hate. You constantly heard about how fat you were, how untalented you were compared to your father, and the number of people who told you that you were a burden was higher than you could count. Every day you would come home to Alex, seeing as how your dad was on tour, and go straight to your room, doing your homework before going to bed. You usually ate a granola bar in the morning so Alex didn't yell at you, and a very small snack for lunch so your "friends" wouldn't say anything else.

Alex always noticed but decided it was better to not say anything. He usually sent your father a text, letting him know how you were that day since you weren't ever awake to text him yourself.

You went through your routine again today, but instead of actually going to school, you just walked outside, waited for Alex to go somewhere, and then got back in bed. You couldn't deal with it today, you were almost at your breaking point and you did not want to have a breakdown at school.

You cried almost all day and when you heard Alex come home, you froze. He came into your room, left a package right inside the door and then left again. Then you heard the phone ring and you know you were toast. Alex came running into your room and he ripped the covers off of you.

"Y/N Y/M/N OLUSOLA! WHY DIDN'T YOU GO TO SCHOOL TODAY?!?!?!"

"A-A-Alex, you d-don't understand-d -"

"There is no excuse, Y/N! You aren't sick, your dad isn't home, really you had no reason to not go."

"Alex, please, just let me explain. I'm depressed, alright? Dad isn't here to make me feel better and the only things I hear all day is that I'm too fat and that no one will ever love me. I don't want to have to face that anymore, Alex." He immediately rushed over to you and wrapped you in a tight hug.

"Don't worry, we'll fix this, Y/N. I'm really sorry."

"It's okay, Alex. Thank you."

"Of course, Y/N. How about we call your dad?" You nodded and talked for hours before finally deciding to get some sleep.