Stressed - Avi DDM

(Age 16)

You were doing everything. AP classes, extra music groups, Honor Societies, Volunteer work, working, and trying to find a college. Your father did everything he could to support you, driving you since you didn't get your license until the end of the year, buying uniforms and supplies, signing the forms, and running you to the bank to do something with your checks. You couldn't ask for a better father.

You were coming home from another stressful day. You had homework to do for 3 different classes, you had already stayed after for some music programs, and you had to work from 6pm-10pm tonight. You arrived at home and immediately began your homework, hoping to get at least something done before you had to go to work. You heard a knock at the door and then your dad came in, "Hey, babe, I made dinner for you. You have about 20 minutes before we have to leave." You nodded, muttering something about being down in a minute before he left.

"Just one more problem," You kept saying to yourself. If you could get just one more done, you would be fine. After about the twentieth time, you heard your dad yell that it was time to leave. Crap. You threw your uniform on and jumped into the car, making it there just on time. You ran in, waiting to get back to your homework.

-Time Skip-

Your dad picked you up and as soon as you got home, you went back to your desk, working away. Your dad came to check on you around 11, making sure that you were getting ready for bed. "I'll be done by 12, promise," you said, still working. He nodded, saying that he would be back to make sure. He knows how important it is, especially for a schedule like yours, to have enough rest.

You took a short break and realized, you never ate dinner. "Oh well," you thought, you would be eating breakfast soon anyways. You continued to work and the next time you looked at the clock, it was 3:46am. Your dad must have fallen asleep while he was waiting to check on you. "Perfect, more time for working!" You thought, continuing to work until you saw the sun rise through your window.

Pretty soon, you were startled by your alarm which went off at 5:00am. You turned it off, getting yourself dressed before going back to your homework which, to your relief, was almost done. Your dad came in, as he always did, to check up on you and he got very mad, very quick. "Y/N Y/M/N KAPLAN! What are you still doing at that desk?!"

"I'm almost done, Daddy! I'm ready to go except for the homework. I'll be ready by the time we need to le-" You were cut off by your dad yelling again.

"Did you even sleep at all?!" You shook your head.

"Eat anything since lunch?!" Another shake.

"Y/N, you can't do this to yourself! It's completely unhealthy!"

"Well, Dad, I can't stop! I have to get good grades to get into college and I need money for college and I can't let anybody down because then they'll hate me! I just want to make you proud of me and I can't stop doing anything or I'll fail and you'll be so upset with me and I just need a break but I can't get one or I'll be worse off than I am now!!" You finally broke down, tears flowing from your eyes.

As mad as your father was, he couldn't just stay mad when you were falling apart at the seams. He picked you up, putting you in his lap on your bed. "Baby, you could never disappoint me. You manage to do so much and it's so much more than I could have ever done in high school. It's okay for you to need a break, everybody does at one point or another. I'm gonna take all your things and put them in my room. You're gonna sleep all day if you need to and I'll run by your school, drop off what you have done and I'll handle the rest from there, okay?"

"Okay, Daddy," you sniffled, "thank you. I love you."

"I love you, too, baby girl. So so so much."

-_-_-_-_-_-

Hey everyone! I hope you're enjoying the book so far! Not gonna lie, this has happened to me so many times and I manage to keep on trucking without a break. I hope that if any of you ever feel like this, you feel comfortable enough to message me so I can try to help you! Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment ideas!

~ Love, Morgan xx