Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I don't even own all of the seasons yet so neither do I own anything else of Grey's Anatomy:-)

"Alex!" Jo screamed for the third time. "What?!" Alex seemed pretty annoyed by the entire situation.
"Can you just bring that damn box over here already!"
"Yes. Jo. Calm down." Now Alex sounded a little angry.
But it's Jo we're talking about so she got angry as well.
"No, I won't calm down! We're living in this mess since weeks now and we have to unpack those boxes. And also.......I'm running out of clean underwear.....I'm sure I've got some in one of those boxes over there." Jo said, pointing in the right corner.
Alex finally got up with a smile on his mouth.
"You're actually running out of underwear, princess? Well then we gotta do something about that."
Jo couldn't believe what happened next; Alex grabbed two of the boxes "bedroom" was written on in his messy handwriting and carried them into the bedroom. Jo watched him walking away and smiled. She felt so blessed and happy finally having her own little home with the person she loves.

-------------------

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

Jo and Alex both immediately sat straight up in their bed.

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

"Turn it off!!" Jo yelled at him whilst Alex was trying to find the light switch.
"I can't find the pager!" Alex started to panic because those beeping sounds were driving him crazy at 3:37 in the morning and Jo was acting hysterical as well.
"Got it!" he said when he found the pager under his Jeans. "Gee, it's Mer, 911."

15 minutes later they arrived at the hospital. Of course Jo had joined Alex.
As they rushed into the waiting room they saw Meredith hysterically going up and down.
"Oh Alex, so good you're here!" She said with a relieved voice.
"Mer what happened?"
"It's Zola. I don't know how it happened but remember, I'm going to Boston tomorrow and I left my baggage in the hallway upstairs. Zola must have not seen it when she went to the bathroom in the night. I just heard a massive sound followed by a crying child, Alex. I caused my child to fall down the stairs." As she said that, Meredith started to cry and sat down.
"Where is she?" Jo interrupted her crying.
"In the OR." Meredith said when she looked up to Jo with wet eyes.
"But she'll make it right?"
Jo shouldn't have asked because Meredith couldn't hold back her tears again. "I hope so" she whined.
Now Alex finally sorted his mind out and was ready to talk. "I'm sure she will, Mer, she's a strong girl, after all she's been through."

--------------------

Finally Dr. Bailey entered the waiting room. The three of them immediately looked up with scared faces.
"Dr. Grey, Zola is fine. We just want to keep her here for one night, maybe two."
"Thanks Bailey." Meredith said when she hugged Bailey in gratefulness.

Jo left the room to get some coffee for them.
"Alex? I organized a nanny for Zola and Bailey while I'm away over the weekend. But now since she has to spend the night in the hospital, could you do me a favor?"
"Me? Oh no Mer, c'mon."
"Please Alex, kids love you. And you have Jo."
"Oh Mer...." Alex couldn't finish his sentence when Meredith got up, turned around, said "Thanks Alex, you're amazing." and left the room to visit Zola. She was expecting Alex to follow her but when he didn't move an inch after she stood up she asked "Won't you come?"
"I'll just wait for Jo, she won't know where we went otherwise."
"Aw, how cute." Meredith said with a grin as she eventually headed to Zola.

--------------

"Wait. She asked us?!" Jo said in surprise. Alex couldn't tell if it was a negative or positive reaction though.
"Yah Jo. Look, I'm sorry. I know we wanted to spend some time alone this weekend to work in the house. But she didn't even give me a chance to say No."
"No! I'm totally fine with it! This is going to be so cool! I've never had a baby!" Jo got really excited about that. Too excited if you asked Alex.
"I thought so." he smiled.
"Thought what?"
"That you never had a baby! I'm sure you would have told me."
"Jerk!"

---------------

This was my first chapter :-)
Please favorite and leave me some feedback in the comments.