Chapter 4

"No fuckin way! Oh my god! Jo, that's by far the cutest thing I've ever heard! How did the other people in the restaurant react?" Stephanie asked me with a big grin.
"Well, so after we stood there kissing for a while we turned around and the entire restaurant, including the waiters, looked at us and started to applaud. It was the best moment I've ever had in my life and Steph, I'm so happy right now you can't imagine!" Jo told Stephanie her story enthusiastically.

They left the bathroom making their way to the ER when Jo suddenly held her stomach and whined a little.
"Are you alright?" Stephanie looked at her with a worried look.
"Yah", Jo helped herself walking straight with touching the wall trying not to make the "I'm-in-pain-face".

When they reached the ER, they saw patients being rushed in and both of them knew this was going to be a long day.
"Car crash, 4 cars involved. 11 people involved. 6 adults, 4 children and one pregnant woman." Owen Hunt was yelling through the ER and Alex came straight up to Jo. "Wilson? On my service!" he said and she followed him with a patient into the OR.

Jo's POV

"Blunt-force trauma to the head, chest, and abdomen. Persistent hypotension after two liters of saline. Pulse is thready at 130."
I heard Alex screaming around in the OR but I wasn't really functioning.
"I need four units of blood over here!"
"Wilson! Wilson! Jo?!"
I still heard him screaming but couldn't react. I was frozen. I couldn't move.
"Damn Jo!" I felt how Alex got angry, of course since he had to do everything alone in the OR. I wanted to help but I couldn't. My eyes kept staring straight forward and suddenly they met Alex's eyes who was now standing in front of me, holding my cheeks, trying to get me to react. Right when I felt ready to say something, everything went black and I passed out.

Alex's POV

Panic. All I felt was panic. I had no help in the OR and Jo just passed out. I had no time to think about anything. When I looked down I found Jo in a small puddle of blood. I paged Callie because I knew she was free and I definitely needed some help, no matter from whom.
"What's going on in here Karev?" Callie asked when she entered the OR.
"Help. I just need help. I need someone to take care of my patient while I take care of my girlfriend."
Callie could see the panic in my eyes, I was sure about that.
"How far along is she, Karev?"
"How-What...What do you mean?"
"For how long has she been pregnant already?!" Callie repeated her question angrily. I couldn't believe what she just asked.
"She's not pregnant Callie?!"
"She is Karev! She is! She told me when she picked up Bailey and Zola! She said "I'm gonna be a terrible mother". I didn't even realize until now! It all makes sense now though! Her fall from the monkey bars could have caused serious damage! We need to get her into an OR!" Callie said as she prepared Jo for a surgery. It all went so fast, that I couldn't even think about what Callie said, I just helped her and we rushed her into an OR. We organized that Dr. Hunt could take over my previous patient.