Chapter 1

It had been a long night at the bar you had been working at, nothing out of the ordinary for a Saturday night. It had been a warm night so you hadn't bothered picking up a jacket. However you had often forgotten that no sun = kinda colder than before. After some time walking, you started to feel the cold. It didn't help that you had decided to wear a light, baggy, black vest along with some skinny jeans and what ever shoes you could find.

"Dammit." You thought to yourself, rubbing your forearms "Shoulda picked a up my hoodie or something..."

Your train of thought was interrupted by a pair of hands placing a light material on you; you looked to your right side to see it was a (somewhat gaudy) gold jacket. You stop in your tracks, your hands still on your arms so they were under the jacket. The hands were still on your shoulders, making you uncomfortable but you knew they weren't leaving any time soon. After another moment of awkward silence, the hands finally left your shoulders and faint foot steps made their way to in front of your face. The hands and jacket belonged to a man, much taller than you, not surprising really. However his outfit was about as gaudy as the jacket would believe. His build was large and muscular, making you feel even smaller than usual.

Looking down at you, the man had a very unusual smile. It seemed charming, yes but there was something underneath you just couldn't pinpoint what it was. The man finally cleared his throat and spoke calmly "So are you not going to thank me? For the jacket I mean."

Your eyes widened when you realised you had not spoken a single word and had stayed in a stunned silence. "Ah y-yeah..." You finally spoke, looking down in slight embarrassment "Thank you Mr... umm..."

"Brando, Dio Brando." He calmly responded, getting a slight kick, seeing the small girl in front of him struggle to talk.

You suddenly realised... You hadn't reacted at all. A man of large proportions had suddenly appeared and stopped you in your tracks and you hadn't done anything. Despite the fact you worked in a popular bar, none of the visitors had stopped you. However this was because they were all either too drunk to do anything but crawl or they were too sober to make regrettable decisions. Despite this, you decided to react politely, speaking calmly, but keeping your head down "Thank you, Dio."

Dio looks you up and down, before speaking once more "I'm sorry, I don't think I have heard your name."

"______" You mumble, looking back up to the large man, now leaning in close.

"Well, ______, allow me to walk you home."

"I'm fine."

"But won't you be cold? It's not like you can keep my jacket."

You hastily handed it back to him, looking away "It was nice of you but I've definitely warmed up, I can promise you I'll be fine."

"I'm sorry but.." Dio mumbles, grabbing your arm that was offering him his jacket back. "I'm afraid that wasn't an option." He pulls you towards him so he can wrap his hands around you neck "Since you refused... it made this a lot quicker."

His grip tightened around your neck, you could barely breathe but it was enough to make you too weak to struggle...

...You lost consciousness.