Chapter 4

(A/N Sorry I haven't updated in a while! It's been eventful these few days. Anyways, I'm thinking about doing multiple endings for this story, like a "Sweet ending" and a "Rotten ending" so I can basically have a more realistic/in character ending and a ending so the fellow Dio fangirls can enjoy. If you're interested, tell me what you think in the comments. If no one comments I'll probably do both endings anyways.

~JessieJoestar)

When you finally woke up, you felt a lot lighter. Although, you couldn't remember falling asleep... or getting under the covers. Slowly sitting up, you removed the covers from yourself, being quite relieved that your clothes were still on. You then swung your legs out of the bed and quickly stood up, blood rushing from your head as you stretched.

Looking to your left, you see the window, or at least what you assumed was a window. It was boarded up, it definitely wasn't a door considering it was right behind you. You peered through the gap in the boards to see it was night time.

You turned away from the window to face the door, a daring thought crossed your mind, maybe you could escape on your own. Creeping towards the door, your heart rate increased slightly, what if you were caught? Maybe you could make the excuse that you needed the bathroom. You didn't know what you could get away with.

Quickly grabbing the handle of the door but turning it slowly; you stuck your head out once the door had opened enough for it to fit through, you saw that the short man was not there. You took your opportunity and left the room, quietly closing the door and quickly walking down the hallway, you could almost smell the-

complete stench of failure.

You had reached the stairs of the mansion, the door to leave in sight and something... not human was facing the door. He was hunched over slightly, his skin looked grey and you could hear the raspy breathing. He slowly started to turn, as he did, you quickly ran to the other side of the stairway and hid yourself slightly behind the wall. As he turned you could make out more features, red eyes, pointed ears and... fangs? You ran off before the creature could notice you. Feeling the need to hide, you turned to a large door and quietly entered, making sure to close the door properly.

Looking around you noticed hundreds of shelves, filled with books. It appears you ended up in the library. You walked up to one of the shelves, inspecting the books, running your fingers over them, you stop at one book. "The picture of Dorian Grey" written by Oscar Wilde. You pulled it out using your right index finger on the top of the books spine to pull it out. Looking at the book, you recalled reading it at one point in your life.

"A fan of that book?" A familiar deep voice asked you, causing you to almost throw the book up in surprise. You turned, holding to the book close to your chest, seeing Dio once more.

"Y-Yes." You stuttered, terrified of all the things that could happen, now that he had caught you.

"A book about the man who sold his soul to remain ever young and keep his youthful appearance... Hmm, an interesting tale."

"...It certainly is" 

"Tell me, would you sell your soul to keep your eternal youth? It suits you quite well I must say."

"Uh?!" You gasped in embarrassment before answering the question "I-I've never really thought about it. I think I probably wouldn't, would you?"

Dio smiled before answering "I already have, mademoiselle."

You didn't quite understand, cocking your head slightly.

He chuckled before speaking again "I may explain it to you some day. However, sneaking out of your room... you're quite gutsy, mademoiselle."

You looked quite flustered before gathering the guts to say "My name is ______, not mademoiselle."

Dio looked somewhat irritated by your attitude before regaining composure and responding "Well, ______, I will respect that, if you respect the fact that there is no escape for you. If you promise to not make any more daring attempts at escape, I may even let you visit the library. I understand your room is a bit dull."

You sighed and looked towards the door, you had no idea what Dio could and would do. Death didn't seem like a impossible unfortunate event to fall on you. Attempt escape and possibly die, or live a somewhat comfortable life for at least another month? The answer seemed somewhat obvious.

You looked Dio in the eyes, forcing you to look up and strain your neck slightly before giving Dio your final answer "Fine, I'll do as you please."

Dio was quite pleased at your answer, he turned away and walked towards the door before stating loudly "Good, it would've been a shame to not see you around anymore. Please only go into this room and your own."

He slammed the door again.

A shiver raced down your spine, what did he mean by "Not see you around anymore"?