Darling(3)

I realize that it's already nightfall, I wonder how long I was in there. I walk to the parking lot and see my car, but on the side, I see something else...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I see a man, or more correctly, a vampire draining a woman of her blood. And beside them are countless body stacked up, dead. This doesn't faze me as I've seen worse. I can't see the face of the vampire, but I don't really care. I do like humanity but I know not to interfere when a vamp is hungry. I was about to walk away, when I guess the woman saw me and managed to whisper "Help me." That causes the vampire to look up and see me. He snaps the neck of the woman and approaches me. I'm guessing because I heard a snap. My back is turned to him.
"Why aren't you running?" He finally asks.
"Because, you don't scare me." I respond, finally facing him. I see him analyzing me, studying my face.
"You're not even nervous darling." He says, clearly amused, taking a few steps forward. I stay where I am, not making a move.
Does he think I'm human?
"Don't call me darling." I say.
"Well, I can't call you anything else, can I?" He responds, smirking.
"Anaka. Anaka Salvatore." I say back.
"I'm Kol Mikaelson. Pleasure to meet you darling." He says, taking my hand and kissing it. I narrow my eyes at him.
"What did I say about calling me darling?" I ask, trying to not sound annoyed, but failing.
"Relax,darling." He winks. I roll my eyes.
"Hmm Salvatore? You must be a vampire." He continues.
"Precisely. Which is why you don't frighten me." I say.
"You should be lucky I haven't killed you yet, I am an original, that's something to fear." He says cockily while smirking.
"Nope." I say smirking back. This causes him to get frustrated and push me against a wall. Him holding me there, his face close to mine. (Pic on the side^^)
"I know you like this position but..." I say cockily and switch us, so I'm holding him to the wall. It was a little harder because he's older, but I managed. He looks at me, clearly shocked, but recovers quickly.
"You're right. I like this position better, darling." He says. After a little while I finally recover and respond.
"It was nice meeting you, Coca Kola." I say and speed off, leaving him confused.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk into the boarding house, suddenly realizing I left my car. Oh well. Suddenly Damon's in my face.
"Where were you?" He demands.
"I don't need to answer that." I say.
"We were just worried." Stefan says, appearing.
"Why?" I ask.
"Because you're family." He replies. I sigh.
"Well, I was walking out of the grill when I met Kol. What a delight he is." I say, being half sarcastic, considering he wasn't that bad.
"You met him?" "What did he do?" "Did he hurt you?" They both ask, concern filling their faces. It's strange for me, considering no one has cared about me this much in centuries.
"I'm fine. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it." I say smiling.
"You may be older, but get used to being treated as younger." Stefan warns me.
I suppose I don't mind...
"So let's establish a curfew." Damon says.
Never mind.
"Damon." I growl. He lifts us his hands, surrendering.
"Kidding. Night guys." He says and walks up stairs.
"I just met him today and he's a pain in my ass." I say jokingly.
"Try knowing him over a century." Stefan jokes back. We both laugh.
"Anyways, night." He says.
"Goodnight." I respond.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wake up to knocking at the door downstairs. I wait a few seconds, hoping that someone will answer it, but to no avail. I roll my eyes and jump out of bed, making sure I don't have bed head. I go downstairs and open the door. Standing there is a smirking Kol.
"What the hell?" I ask. He just grins.
"Don't you look adorable." He says, smirking. I realize I'm in Hello Kitty short shorts and a baggy black t-shirt. I instantly blush.
"How did you know where I live?" I ask, changing the subject.
"I put two and two together. Salvatore must be staying at the Salvatore's." He says.
"Alright, at least you have a brain. What are you doing here?" I ask.
"Well, I couldn't just leave our encounter being us being at each other's throat. So I came with a peace offering." He says and hands me a box and a letter that says Anaka Salvatore.
"Why would you care if we left it at that?" I ask, curious and suspicious.
"I don't meet a lot of vampires who can get out of my grasp." He says truthfully.
"Still not an explanation..." I say.
"Truth be told, ever since last night, I'm curious to know you. Let's say..." He says and steps forward, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear, his breath on my face. I could've sworn my undead heart was beating.
"You fascinate me." And then he speeds away. I blink a few times, trying to register what just happen. I close the door and rush to my room. Placing the box on my bed, I open the letter first.
Darling,
I roll my eyes.
We got off to a wrong start. I apologize for underestimating you and wish for you to join my family and I this evening at seven o'clock for dancing, cocktails & celebration. Hopefully we can restart and not let me trying to harm you ruin what could be...a friendship perhaps?
Save me a dance?
Sincerely,
Coca Kola.

___________________
A/N: In my stories I usually don't make the main characters (in this case Anaka and Kol) meet until like chapter ten...but I just felt like I needed them to meet as soon as she got to Mystic Falls. At least it wasn't love at first sight...right?