An Original Ball(6)

Getting ready is a pain in the ass. By the time I got back from my walk with Klaus and got my car, it was ready six o'clock. Luckily I have speed or else I'd be screwed. Considering I don't have time to go shopping for another dress, I must wear the one Kol gave me, which I might or might not have worn anyway.
Wait! I suddenly realize that I don't have a date! Or do I? Did Kol offer to be my date by giving me an invitation? He better be, or I'll be embarrassed. Well, if I'm an Original's date, might as well dress to impress, am I right?
I start by quickly taking a shower, drying my hair after, and placing myself in front of my mirror and start on my makeup. I put some eyeliner and mascara and put on blood red lipstick. Ironic, don't you think? I curl my hair slightly and finish with putting on the dress. (Pic of Anaka in the dress is on the side^^) I look in the mirror and am proud of the sight. I walk downstairs and am met by the sight of the brothers and Elena. Once downstairs, I see both boys stare at me in awe.
"You look gorgeous!" Damon exclaims.
"Yeah, you really do." Stefan agrees.
"Why thank you guys. You both look dashing, as well as you Elena. You look beautiful." I say.
"Thanks, so do you." Elena says, genuinely smiling.
"Well then, let's go." I say.
"I'll drive with Anaka." Damon says. Everyone nods and we get in our cars. While driving I decided to make small talk.
"With my luck, Kol didn't invite me as his date. So worst comes to worst, will you be my date?" I ask, eyes on the road. He laughs.
"I know, it's come to the point where I'm asking family to be my date." I say.
"That's not what's funny. It's just that, when we get there, I doubt you'll be dateless for more than a few minutes. That is, if Kol isn't your date." He says. I punch him in the shoulder.
"Ow! I give you a complement and you hit me?" He asks, bewildered.
"It's how I show love." I say, smirking evilly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We walk in, Elena having both Salvatore men at her side. I slightly roll my eyes, and decide I need a drink. I walk off and see waiters handing glasses of champagne, and gladly take one. Before I could take a sip, someone taps my shoulder. Turning around, I didn't expect to see a stranger.
"Um, hello." I say.
"Hi, I'm Riley. I couldn't help but notice how good you look. Care to dance?" He says, making me uncomfortable. I was about to respond when an arm snaked itself around my waist, making me slightly jump. I sort of relax when I see its Kol...sort of.
"Hello darling, is everything alright here?" He asks, staring/glaring at the guy. Before I can respond, I'm cut off. Again.
"Yeah man. Everything's good. I was just asking this hot thing if she wanted to dance." Riley says. I swore I could see steam coming out of Kol's ears. But before he could rip the guys head off, Klaus approaches up. Thank god.
"Hey mate, why don't you leave my brother and his date alone." Klaus says.
"Not till I get to dance with her." He says, eyeing me like a piece of meat. I feel completely insulted. And apparently so do the boys.
"I want you to leave. For every second over twenty seconds that it takes you to get out, I want you to break a finger once you reach outside." Kol compels him and he does as his told. My vampire hearing being able to hear three fingers being broken outside.
"Well, now I'll leave you be. Might I say you look beautiful Ann. As always." Klaus says, smiling, then walks away. I turn to Kol.
"You didn't have to do that, although I'm glad you did." I say. He grins.
"I couldn't let him talk about you that way. I see you wore the dress and might I say, you look stunning in it." He says, smiling. Not smirking, smiling.
"Why thank you. And you look quite handsome." I say. He smirks.
"I know." He says, and at that, I roll my eyes.
"Attention please!" Says a voice I haven't heard before, standing in the middle of the stairs.
"That's my call. I'll be right back darling." He says and walks off, standing near the others on the stairs. I recognize Rebekah, as I met her in 1179. I also recognize Elijah, slightly as I only caught a glimpse of him in 1204. There are only two people I do not recognize. A woman and a man.
I suppose I zoned out because all I hear is "-find yourselves a partner. Please join us in the ballroom." Oh great. I'm about to walk off to the side when a voice stops me.
"Where do you think your going Ann?" Klaus' voice says.
"You know I don't dance." I say.
"I know you don't like to, but you are very good at it." He says, taking my hand.
"May I?" He asks, giving me the puppy dog eyes. I sigh and comply, he grins. We start dancing and I actually enjoy it.
"I didn't know you and my brother were so close." He says. I look at him, confused.
"We're not. I met him yesterday." I respond.
"Really? Well earlier I could tell he wanted to rip the man that was flirting with you's head off. Oh, and also, he's glaring at me as we speak." He says while smirking. I turn my head, slightly as to not make it obvious, and sure enough, there Kol is, glaring at his brother, but giving me a smile once he notices me looking. I return it and continue dancing.
"Told you." He sings.
"Oh shush you and go dance with Caroline." I say, remembering him talking about her.
"As a matter of fact..." He says and twirls me into someone else's arms. I look up to see that it's Kol.
"Having fun darling?" He asks.
"Of course. It reminds me of the 1800's." I say. He nods.
"You and Nik seem...close. Curiously speaking of course, are you two together?" He asks, with a slight tone of jealousy. The music suddenly ends. I lean near him, my mouth near his ear.
"Who did I come to the ball for?" I ask, giving him a question as an answer. With that, I walk away. I'm glad I came, turns out this ball has been...amusing.
"Such a tease." I hear him say. I could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

________________
A/N: So there's this vine that I laugh at every time. It relates to the chapter, sorta.
Guy#1: Sorry Cinderella but you can't go to the ball.
Guy#2: But I love balls!
*silence*
*Bursts out laughing at the realization*
(I wrote this story around six months ago, and I didn't want to post it till I had more chapters, but I'm so busy that I doubt I'll be updating anytime soon, so I figure you might as well read it now)
~Warning: Therefore, I probably won't update in a long while~