Part - 12

Manik somehow managed to get nandini's apartment's keys frm her bag & gave it to Rishab, who took them & went home. Nandini returned with his coffee & was going through his reports, when manik said,
Manik: nandini its been really long now & I need to finish all this up anyhow....... Plzz atleast talk to me properly once....
Nandini was standing there facing on the other side, thought about it. She too did not like all this & hence decided to talk to him for once & then finally send him back to India. She took a deep breath & then turned towards him,
Nandini: ohk manik..... let's talk & get all this done.
Manik smiled at her & took his hand forward towards her. Nandini held his hand, kept the reports aside & sat by his side, on the stool next to his bed. Just then she remembered some work & said "just a second manik". She took out her phone & called someone from the hospital staff, she talked on the phone for about 5 mins & then said,
Nandini: yes my shift is now over & I'll be going home soon...... I m with Mr. Malhotra at present, plz try not to disturb me for some time.
Manik smiled at her last sentence n was happy to knw that she too really wanted to finish it off this time.
Nandini: yes.... Now I think we can go on n talk without anyone disturbing us...
Manik: look nandini, I knw u too love me & u too wish to be with me but something is troubling u..... I want u to say, to tell me, why r u stopping urself......
Nandini: manik, I do not love u anymore..... plz get it straight that I hv moved on n now u too should forget about our past n think about ur future.
Manik: stop it nandini..... just stop it now ( manik took her hands within his & then continued) u can manipulate ur words, but ur eyes, ur actions, these things can't lie. If u really doesn't love me then why did the entire hospital staff get to see an entirely new nandini, who was weak & panicked when I fainted in ur office. Why do u always keep on personally coming n checking each of my reports n equipments, when I m sleeping..... nurses r there 4 that, aren't they??
Nandini was just trying to avoid an eye contact with him all this while.
Manik: Why r ur hair open frm yesterday even when u don't like to keep them free at work???? Why r u wearing this weird musical tie bracelet till now??
Nandini just kept quite & looked down....
Manik: answer me nandini.... Isn't this entire true & the reason behind all this, is ur love for me.
Manik raised her chin with his index figure & made her make an eye contact with him. He looked at her, deep inside her eyes.
Manik: I knw whats cooking in ur head frm all these yrs.... U think that I was suffering bcoz of u.... but grow up nandini open ur eyes, it's not true.
Nandini was shocked to knw that manik knew her reason, but now that he knew it, she was slowly opening up & this was her threshold. She began crying.
Nandini: manik u knw, whatever happened that time, that pandit incident, all that broke me frm within. I tried hard, but I just wasn't able to move on.... U were helping me, ur friends were helping me, but something within me was missing. I did not hv that confidence within me anymore. And just bcoz of that I saw u suffering, u were suffering bcoz of me.... U were sad bcoz I was sad. And I didn't wish that ever. I thought, to go away frm the surrounding, will help me.... And I went to Mangalore. 6 months manik.... 6 months amms tried to get me my music back, I tried but she failed & I too failed. And after that I thought to come back, I wanted to be with u... but I knew u would hv again tried to motivate me for music & hence suffer urself. And with this I left everything behind & came over, to start a fresh. But u knw what... that incident had had such a strong effect on me that till now It doesn't allow me to trust anyone..... my teachers, my seniors, my colleagues, I don't trust anyone.. Even Albert took about a yr to gain my trust, but I don't knw why I couldn't trust him also whole heartedly.... I told him all about my past but this lost confidence within me didn't allow me to tell him ur names or any other details.... I was scared & I don't want u to suffer any more manik plzz go back, move on in life, forget me...
Manik heard her carefully till the end, he wanted him to open up & he succeeded & then he cupped her face within his hands & said,
Manik: I m not going anywhere.... U get that, I was always urs & I will be always urs. Nothing can make me forget u...... not even u.....
Nandini: but manik-
Manik placed his finger on her lips & stopped her from saying anything
Manik: u left me as u thought I suffered bcoz of u..... But u forgot how much I was suffering before u came into my life...... u taught me how to smile, how to live, how to love my life...... u took away my sufferings from me.... All my frndzz could see how happy I was with u.... and as u left, u again pushed me into that old suffering.... I again turned into that old manik, who again forgot to smile, all asked me why was I doing this to myself & all I could say was, that my smile was in u & as u went away, u took it away from me.
Nandini was badly crying by now. She remembered the way manik was taking her name when she was operating him, back in India. Suddenly, she realized how she was all these yr & hugged manik. She hugged him hard..... Manik was finally happy, as he knew now no one would be able to separate them ever. He silently promised himself that he would never let anything break this bond of theirs. Manik kissed her forehead & then said,
Manik: now I'll NEVER LET U GO....
Nandini: I love u manik.
Manik: I love u too, forever..... hamesha...
Then suddenly she caught something & asked,
Nandini: manik but who told u that I was being away from u as I thought u suffered bcoz of me...
Manik smiled & said,
Manik: u.... u told me
Nandini: I???
Manik: yes....
Manik slowly turned & took out her dairy frm beneath his pillow & smiled at her. Nandini was shocked to see it there; she picked up her bag & checked in it..... And then when she didn't get it, she snatched it frm manik.
Nandini: manik u read my dairy..... How could u manik.....it's my personal dairy, no one is allowed to read it...
Manik: thank ur dairy.... Otherwise I would hv never known all this rubbish, in ur head.
Nandini: manik!!!
Manik: ohk sorry..... I won't do that ever again, promise....
Nandini: chalo thik h.... I forgive u this time.... But don't try to repeat it.....
Manik: all I want is to hv u near me....
Nandini sat with him for some more time n then said,
Nandini: manik I think now I should go home otherwise I'll be late...
Manik: ohk...
But just then manik remembered about Rishab n said,
Manik: nandini...
Nandini: yes...
Manik: how can u go home alone.... I hv got u back after so many yrs, I want to be with u..... I'll also come with u...
Nandini: no manik.... U can't v hv rules here in the hospital...... but if u want tomorrow mrng itself, I'll get u discharged & will take u to my place, but today u hv to be here.
Manik: then u too can't go home & hv to stay here with me.... I want to be with u...( he made a puppy face trying to convince her)
Nandini: ohk fine...
Manik smiled at her & went near her, he slowly moved his hands towards her face & caressed her face.
Manik: wow, now u hv also started listening to me.........
Nandini hugged him & then said,
Nandini: I'll always listen to u now.... U can definitely try it anytime...
Manik hugged her tighter, they stayed like that for a few minutes but then nandini realized that manik needs rest, so she broke the hug n said,
Nandini: manik I m staying here, but I m very tired, so u too sleep & let me also sleep.
She made manik lie down on his bed & she herself lay on the couch. Both of them kept on staring each other. But soon nandini fell asleep. But her beautiful face in front of him was enough to take away manik's sleep. The next mrng, nandini opened her eyes & found manik staring at her frm his bed.
Manik: Good Mrng, my star.
Nandini: Good mrng manik.... When did u wake up??
Manik: Just now only...
Nandini: Ohk..... (She turned to see the time & found it was already 9:30) shit I m again late, now I'll hv to send some1 to get my cloths frm home.
Manik: don't worry ur cloths r already here, I asked some to get them for u.....
Nandini: but keys???
Manik signaled towards her purse & she smiled. She got up & as a good doctor started checking manik's progress. She was going through everything when she suddenly said,
Nandini: manik what were u doing all night???
Manik: I was here only..... Sleeping.
Nandini: really??? Don't lie manik, this machine clearly tells that u hvn't slept for even an hour. Tell me what were u doing.
Manik rubbed his hand though his head & said,
Manik: I was just staring at u...
Nandini: all night???
Manik: yes....
Nandini: manik hv u lost ur mind or what??
Manik: leave that na.....
Manik pulled her closer to himself, and clutched her frm around her waist. Nandini blushed a little & then manik continued
Manik: u should not be thinking this at present.... Think what special r v gonna do on our day of this new beginning of our relationship.
Nandini: today the 1st thing I want to do is to thank ayiappa..... come with me.
Nandini held his hand & took him to his office where she had a small photograph of ayiappa & prayed. She thanked him for everything & asked blessings. Then manik asked her to get ready & he too returned to his office n got ready. Albert requested manik to somehow get her to the location. It was around 11am when manik entered nandini's cabin & forced her to go somewhere out with him. She refused bcoz of work but then he told her that albert too hv agreed for it. Finally she agreed & manik took her to the location. As they reached there & got down the car, a guy came running to nandini & hugged her. Nandini was shocked to see Rishab there.
Rishab: how r u di???
Nandini: Rishab u here..... when did u come??
Rishab: last evening...
Nandini: Then why didn't u meet me....
Rishab: manik bhaiya said, to keep it a surprise for u.....
Rishab told her how he came & how manik sent him home.
Nandini: (to manik) ohh so all this was ur plan...
Manik: areey leave it na, lets go & hv some fun...
They got into the restraint & took a seat, Rishab ordered something to eat & soon the host came on the stage & started
"Hello everyone.... Today we all hv gathered here to honour a girl, who has turned impossible to possible just by her dedication & focus..... she though with such less experience of onlt 2 yrs has left all her seniors in a shock, all are wondering how did she manage to do it & here we hv..... Dr. Nandini Moorthy."
Both manik & Rishab were clapping.... And nandini was in a shock. She got up & realized what was happening around her. And with this her happiness had no bounds. She received the certificate & trophy. Albert gave the credit of all this to manik's presence in her life. Soon all of them headed towards her home. Manik was happy to see the way she had maintained her place, but was shocked to see that there was not even a single thing related to music. They had some chit chat & then Rishab had a leave back to London. Manik n nandini promised that they would too go to London as soon as manik gets well, i.e, in 2 or 3 days.
Precap: manik lives with nandini at her place..... manik asks nandini for marriage...