CHAPTER 28

Those 3 days in that private island passed away with a blink of an eye. They beautiful scene in front of them kept both Manik & Nandini's eyes delightened. Moving along resting her head on Manik's shoulder, holding his hand Nandini made those days the best days of her life lived till then. They enjoyed so much.. Nandini never felt any shortage of cloths as Manik didn't make her feel so. She freely moved all around the island wearing those dresses & Manik made her feel as comfortable as he could. Unlike the 1st day the rest two days were not spent fully over the bed, they did enjoy the amazing surroundings over there to the fullest. On the 4th day, they returned back to their hotel eary mrng. As they reached manik & nandini went to their room & got ready as they had decided to visit a few famous places. Nandini got ready in a knee length dress. She was lookinh nice & was equally matching the level of the famous rockstar Manik Malhotra. BOth of them left the hotel but this time with another car of guards following them. Manik was quite famous outside India as was & thus he wanted to ensure no one could disturb their honeymoon. Though he had arranged everything but still when a few fans came running after him, Nandini insisted him to meet them once as she didn't want him to be called rude latr. Both of them enjoyed the day & then returned back to the hotel. After dinner both lied down on the bed, and as always curduled together. When Manik asked,
Manik: U r happy right??
Nandini looked at him & smiled caressing his cheeks & said,
Nandini: Manik... With u around there is not even a single moment that I m not happy!!! U hv changed my life, and made it the best it could have ever been. Thank u very much for everything That u hv done for me.
Manik: I hvn't done anything for u Nandini. I hv done all of it for myself!!
Saying so he kissed her forehead after wch Nandini hugged him tighter, hiding her face in his chest. A few minutes latr, she slowly said,
Nandini: I LOVE U MANIK!!
Manik: I LOVE YOU TOO...
And with this both of them went to deep slumber. The next mrng both of them got up late in the mrng. Nandini got ready first & then sat reading some magzine, waiting for Manik to come out of the washroom after a bath, so that they could go out. Just then some1 knocked the door. Nandini got up from the bed & went to open the door, but as she did so, 3 girls jumped over her all together. Nandini gasped in shock as she saw who were they. And with this Dhruliya, Cavya & Mukbhi got into the room. All of them hugged Nandini, and entered to see Manik was not there.
Mukti: Nandini, where is your idiot husband??
Nandini simply smiled & replied, Nandini: He is having bath..
Mukti: Ohk!!
They all settled down & started talking. 5 minutes latr Manik came out of the washroom, just wearing a towel round his waist, he walked towards the couch near the washroom door & without even turning, he said,
Manik: Nandini, get ready fast... I hv to take you somewhere!!
All the 3 girls closed their eyes, seeing Manik in such a way. Mukti picked up a pillow & threw it on his back.
Mukti: Manik.... Can't you wear your cloths anytime!!
Manik turned around & saw all the them, the boys laughing loud. He too was shocked to see them there.
Manik: Mukti!!! Tum sab.. Yahan??
Nandini immediately got up & took the cloths she had taken out for him fromm the chair, gave it to him & pushed him inside the washroom again. 2 mins later, manik came back,
Manik: Guys what a surprise?? U all were supposed to come two days later right??
Cabir: Yes it's a surprise but i guess not a pleasant one.
Nandini: No No Cabir, we seriously were missing u all a lot..
Cabir: When did i say about u, but i m sure its not a pleasant one for manik.
Manik punched him slightly & then hugged him.
Cabir: We all sent u both to stay alone but how could our evil souls take rest without disturbing you....
Manik: Ya Ya off course..!!
They all decided to go down 4 breakfast. As they sat on the table with their plates abhi said,
Abhi: By the way nandini, u look totally changed in just 5 days...
Looking at her dress which ended much above her knees. Cabir smiled & asked,
Cabir: Yeah absolutely.... Is this the effect of Paris, Or the effect of honeymoon.
Nandini: Neither Paris, nor honeymoon.... This is the effect of these wives of ur's... All three of them hv done this to me!!
Mukti, Aliya & Navya laughed at it loud & Dhruv said,
Dhruv: Seriously buddy we all were missing u both a lot & then we got the information that the concert has been preponed by two days so we had to come.
Manik: Preponed?? Why??
Aliya: Some damn issue between the organisers, but how does it matter, let it be.... Coz they hv apologised for the inconveince & they are paying us more bcoz of it!!!
Manik: Yeah...
Aliya: We all are here & we have decided that this time in this concert, we'll have one duet performance as well.
Manik: Duet??
Aliya: Yes, it will be by u...... and nandini!!
Nandini: WHAT??
Mukti: Yes, u...
Cabir: Nandini, u know dat song which u sang at the album release has been trending on the top 10, since the past 2 months. Many people are already big fans of ur singing... And ask Manik how many mails & letters we have received requesting to launch u...
Nandini turned to look at manik, who responed simply by a nod.
Nandini: Guys singing occasionally is normal, but an international stage performance is totally a different thing.... I can sing a 1000 times in front of u all but not there on the stage... I can't!!
Aliya: Nandini plz.... Trust us its a gr8 idea...
Nandini: But guys, I hvn't thought about singing yet..
Navya: Nandu, there is nothing to think. Its an awesome idea.
Nandini heard them all but still stayed quite. Cabir signalled manik to make her agree.
Mukti: Nandini, we all know u'll rock it...
Manik: Enough... (manik said rudely in a high tone) Its over, now leave my wife.. Don't force her!!
Manik got up from his chair & continued, Manik: U all go back to ur rooms & rest for a while, then we hv to go to practise, as the concert is tmrw..
He went to Nandini & said,
Manik: Lets go..
Nandini:but Manik-
Manik didn't listen to her at all & held her hand. Nandini still didn't agree & said,
Nandini: Manik, thats not the way to talk to ur friends...
Cabir: Chill Nandini, he wasn't being rude, its ohk... We actually need rest..
Nandini: But-
And this time manik picked her up in his arms. Everyone present there got smiles on their faces.
Nandini: Manik what r u doing??? Leave me...
But Manik simply started walking out of the restruant, with every passing face turning towards them.
Nandini: Manik every1 is seeing plzzz.. leave me..
Manik: Do u think, i care??
Nandini: Ohk fine, I m coming with u, put me down...
Manik: No now i'll take u to the room like this only.
As manik & nandini got out of the view by geeting into the lift, navya said
Navya: What happened to Manik suddenly..
Mukti: Yes, he was behaving so weird... Otherwise he would hv supported us!!
Cabir: He is still supporting us... I asked him to take her.
Abhi: But why??
Cabir: See we all know that if someone can convince Nandini then thats Manik... So let him try!!
Aliya: I think Cabir's right... Manik has his own way to convince her & we all hv seen that earlier also..
Navya: Ohk so lets go back to the room. Kavya & sameer too will get up any moment from their sleep.
And then all the three couple moved to their respective rooms, to rest 4 sometime. Wishing that Manik would somehow make nandini agree to sing!!!