CHAPTER 45

(Introducing three new characters... Amit, Chirag & Payal.... Not main characters but just needed someone to fill in the space, rest u all will get to know as u read)

Nandini: Good mrng Mukti!! Good mrng Abhi....
Nandini said as she entered their room at around 6:30 am in the morning with Ahana in her arms.
Mukti: Good mrng Nandini.... But how come u r here so early. And where r u getting Ahana from, she was right here with me last night.
Nandini: Last night she was crying... I knew it would happen so I had already instructed the nurse to take her to the natal care room when ever she cries, so that u two can get some rest.
Abhi: Thanks Nandini!!!
Mukti: yeah... I think I really needed this proper sleep.
Nandini gave Ahana to Mukti & she kissed her forehead saying,
Mukti: Good morning my baby... This is the first morning of ur life.
Nandini smiled at her & said,
Nandini: Ohk now u guys freshen up!! I have got breakfast for u both.
Half an hour later, they were sitting & having breakfast when Mukti said,
Mukti: So where is ur dear husband!! I know u r not gonna eat anything without him.
Nandini: Ohh he is still sleeping... We were taking about Ahana till late last night, so I didn't wake him up.
Abhi smiled at it & they continued breakfast. Soon Navya & Aliya joined them, after which Nandini left for somework in her cabin. It was around 9, when she got a call from Manik.
Nandini: Hello!!
Manik: Nandini where r u? I searched everywhere, u-
Nandini: Manik Relax.... I m in the hospital, why didn't u ask the servants?
Manik: Hospital, So early??
Nandini: Manik I had to get breakfast for Mukti & Abhi so I came at 6 am only. And moreover I have to complete my work soon, coz then in the afternoon I want to go & buy a gift for Mukti & Ahana.
Manik: Gift!! Nice...
Nandini: Hmn.. Now get ready & have ur breakfast, Ohk!!
Manik: First tell me u had it or not??
Nandini: I'll have it soon!!
Manik: Eat it now & then call me or I'll not have it too!!
Nandini: Ohk Sir!!
Manik: Achcha listen... Daniel is going to leave in sometime so I was thinking to drop Nyra at Cabir's place.... Kavya & Sameer are also there with the Nany...
Nandini: Yes thats a nice idea!!
Manik: Ohk bye!!
Nandini: Bye.....
Later that day, Manik dropped Nyra to Cabir's place and then went to the hospital.
All of them spent some time together after which Nandini said to Manik,
Nandini: Manik... I hv to leave now, I need to go & buy the gift.
Manik: Ohh yes!! But r u going now??
Nandini: Yes Manik... I hv to be back soon!!
Manik: Actually Abhi had to go somewhere urgently so I asked the driver to give him ur car.
Nandini: Ohh now how will I go!!
Cabir: What happened guys??
Manik told cabir the situation after listening to it Cabir said,
Cabir: I can drop u, If u want!!
Nandini: But Cabir u will hv to go to the opposite direction bcoz of me.
Manik: Nandini wait!! Do one thing U take my car & Cabir will drop me to the office.
Cabir: Cool!!
Nandini: Ohk...
Manik: Here... Take these keys!! The driver is standing down there only, take him along.
Nandini: Ohk bye... See u!!
Nandini was on her way, she was sitting on the back seat of the car, with her eyes closed, enjoying the soft Music being played inside the car. After sometime her head suddenly hit the window, as the driver took a really sharp turn.
Nandini: Ahh!!! Driver.... Slowly!! Why r u driving so rash??
Driver: I m sorry Ma'am.... But--- But the brakes are not working!!
Nandini: What??
The car was going out of control with each passing second, while the driver was trying his best to stop the car.
Nandini: Driver do something.... Try to stop the car.
Driver: Ma'am I m trying but it seems that the entire system is jamed.
Nandini: Shit!!
Nandini joined her hands & prayed while the driver kept on trying. Two minutes later the driver said,
Driver: Ma'am the mountain region is starting from here & I m not able to stop the car. I think u should jump off immediately, or ur life could be in danger.
Nandini: But bhaiya... I can't jump alone!! U too jump off...
Driver: Madam u don't worry about me, U just jump.... I'll get off after u!!
Nandini: Are u sure??
Driver: Yes Ma'am plz don't think so much... See there is a sharp turn at the end of this road!! I don't think I can control the car over there.... Plz jump fast!!
Nandini didn't think of anything else listening to this & simply said,
Nandini: Driver u too jump!! Come on...
Nandini opened her door & without waiting for even a minute she jumped off the car. Her head hit the road hard after which she rolled all the way across the road & again hit a big stone on her head. She looked at the car to find out about the driver when she saw the car hit a tree & get exploded making a loud sound by which she fainted.
-----------------------------------------------------
FLASHBACK:
After Manik left the house along with Nyra.
Daniel: Hello... The moment he reaches there at the hospital just do ur work & go away from there.
Man: Ohk Sir!! Ur work will be done.
FLASHBACK ENDS.
-------------------------------------------------------
A number of people who were passing by the road stopped near Nandini, making a big crowd. A car stopped by listening to the sound of the explosion. Two boys along with a girl got down the car. All three of them were teenagers & seemed from quite good back ground.
Guy 1: Shit!! We have to take her to the hospital!!
Girl: Oh my God!! Amit, She is Nandini Malhotra... wife of Manik Malhotra, the rockstar. I saw her on the news last night.
Amit: U r right Payal. Lets take her to the hospital & inform Manik Malhotra.
They picked her up & made her sit inside their car. The girl, Payal informed the police about the entire accident, while another guy named Chirag searched for Manik's contact number on Internet.
Payal: Amit drive fast!! Chirag did u get the number.
Chirag: No but I hv got the number of Malhotra Industries... I think we should contact there.
Chirag called at the given number & a lady picked up the call.
Lady: Hello Malhotra Industries... How may I help u??
Chirag: I need to talk to Mr. Manik Malhotra urgently plz!!
Lady: Sorry Sir... I cannot connect u to him. Manik Sir doesn't talk to strangers.
Chirag: Listen its really urgent. I need to talk to him.
Lady: I m really sorry sir but-
Chirag: His wife has met with a accident!! I need to talk to him to inform him..
Lady: What??
Chirag: Plz connect me to him!!
Lady: Just a second...
She called into the conference room where Manik was attending a meeting. As the phone rang, Manik picked up the call & said,
Manik: yes??
Lady: Sir.. There is an important call for u!!
Manik: How many times do I have to tell u that I don't want any call during my meetings....
Lady: I know sir... But plz just attend this, its really important.
She connected Manik's call to Chirag & Manik said,
Manik: Hello this is Manik Malhotra... May I knw who is calling?
Chirag: Hello sir!! Ur wife has met with an accident. She is badly injured & has lost very much blood. We are taking her to the city hospital!! Plz come there soon...
Manik: Nandini!!!
Chirag: Yes Sir... Plz come fast she is not at all in a good condition.
Manik heard him clearly & his world shaked around him. He couldn't believe what he heard, he threw the phone aside & ran out of the office. All the people sitting there in the room saw him running away in shock. The entire staff got scared seeing their all time confident boss in such a state. Manik rushed out of the office & got into the car & left for the hospital.
-----------------------------------------------------------
15 minutes later Amit, chirag & payal entered the city hospital. Amit was carrying a fully blood claded Nandini in his arms. His cloths were stained with a lot of blood & so were Payal's.
Chirag rushed to the reception & said,
Chirag: Emergency... We need a doctor!!
Diya looked up at him normally & said,
Diya: Yeah one sec!!
She picked up the phone to call the ward boys when she suddenly saw Nandini.
Diya: Dr. Nandini!!!
Chirag: yeah... Listen she met with an accident!! We need the doctor fast.
And the very next minute Nandini was rushed into the operation theator. Exactly 5 minutes after she was taken into the operation room, Manik came running into the hospital.
Manik: Diya... Nandini??
Diya looked at him & simply showed him the way & ran along with him to the operation theator.
Manik reached there & saw three people sitting there outside the room.
Chirag: Manik Sir!!
Manik: Nandini!!
Payal: The doctors have just started checking...
Just then Cabir, Aliya, Dhruv, Navya & Abhi also joined them.
Cabir: Manik....
Manik sat there numb as all of them came there.
Cabir: Diya... Get the best doctors for Nandini!! Make sure she is alright & plz imform Dr. Agarwal about the case.
Diya: Sir, I hv already done this. And Dr. Agarwal must be coming here only.
Aliya: But how did this happen?? And who got Nandini here??
Diya: Ma'am they got her!!
Diya pointed towards the three teenagers who were die heart fans of Fab5. They were seeing their idols standing in front of them & still it was all so wierd.
Aliya turned towards them & asked,
Aliya: What happened Guys??
Amit: Nandini madam's car met with an accident, the car had a massive blast in which her driver died... But Nandini Madam had jumped off the car just a few seconds before the car banged the tree & blasted. But as she jumped out her head hit a stone & thus, she got severely injured. We were not there at the time of the explosion, we reached there 5 minutes later, the people there told this to us.
All of them heard this & they knew that although the situation was very worse but still a lot worst could hv happened if Nandini wouldn't hv jumped off the car.
Tears were following out of their eyes continuously. None of them had any idea about Nandini's condition & they felt absolutely helpless. All the doctors in the hospital were trying their best to get Nandini into a stable condition.
Cabir sat next to Manik, keeping his hand on his shoulder. Manik was sitting there with a stolid face, without any idea of what people were saying, all he knew was that his love was in there in a serious condition.
Sometime later, one of the doctors came out of the OT & said,
Doctor: We need blood. Anyone with B- blood group.
All of them looked at each other & then Cabir said,
Cabir: No doctor... No one is B-..... Can't u get it from the blood bank in the hospital.
Doctor: Mr. Cabir, B- is the most rare blood group!! Only one in a million people have this type of blood. We don't hv it in our bank. We have to arrange it from somewhere very soon, Nandini's condition is serious. She has got a massive injury on her skull.
All of them heard this but didn't know how to react, when manik suddenly got up in anger & shouted,
Manik: Listen... Do whatever u can!! Arrange the blood right now. I want my Nandini to be totally fine or else I'll dig ur grave right here!! Got it....
Cabir: Manik... manik... Relax!!
Cabir forcefully made Manik sit down & Dhruv said to the doctor,
Dhruv: I m really sorry doctor.. But plz do something.
Amit: Excuse me....
All of them turned towards the other side to see who was saying & amit continued,
Amit: My blood group is O-..... Can I donate!!
Doctor: Yes... Absolutely, O- is the universal donor group!! Ur blood can do...
The doctor turned towards the nurse & said,
Doctor: Nurse... Take him with u & make the preparations.
Amit walked towards the nurse to go with her, when Dhruv stopped him & hugged him.
Dhruv: Thanks Bro!!
Amit smiled at him & then followed the nurse.
As they got the blood the doctors got back to work again. All the people sitting outside the OT were praying to God for the best. Manik had not spoken even a word since then, it seemed as if someone had taken his life out of him. All of them tried to talk to him but he was not responding to anyone.
One the other side, Mukti was not able to stop her tears. She was in her room along with Ahana & her mother in law but her mind & heart was stuck at what was going on in the OT. Every now & then she would call the nurse & ask about the on goings.
Amit, Chirag & Payal were also there itself in the hospital, waiting for the doctors to come out. The nurses kept moving in & out of the OT but none of them said anything.
It seemed as if all the happiness of Fab5 had suddenly changed into anciety, of what will happen next.