Chapter - 15

Manik took out his phone & dialed cabir's no.
Cabir: hello, manik how r u?? (trying to act normal)
Manik: hey..... I m fine... whats up?? Where are u??
Cabir: we all are good??? I just entered office, u know we hv a meeting with our new album sponsers.
Manik: Ohh really!!! Office?? New album sponsers??? Achcha so why are these ppl showing that fab5 is in London 4 an unplanned holiday...
Cabir: where???
Manik: idiot.... On the news channels... ab toh jhoot mat bol sale.
Cabir: arey yr.... we thought we'll surprise u... This media na, they really suck!!!
Manik: where r u?? I'll come n meet u...
Cabir: no no u don't come!! Some1 will spot u, we'll come to u...
Manik: Ohk I'll send u nandini's address.... But how will u come??
Just then Rishab motioned to manik that he can go & get fab5 over there... manik hugged him & said to cabir,
Manik: hey.... Rishab is coming to pick u guys up....
Cabir: Ohh great... see u then.
Manik disconnected the call & turned towards nandini & said,
Manik: Ohh God..... I m so happy, they all are here.... I can't tell u how much I was missing them.
Saying this manik hugged nandini, in his excitement. He had forgotten about her family around. But as he hugged her, nandini saw towards Amms & said in manik's ears.
Nandini: manik.... Amms is here...
Manik immediately left her... and chachi smiled at him. She noticed him feeling awkward & said,
Chachi: chalo I'll prepare some nice food for all of them. Manik is there anything specific u want me to prepare for them.
Manik: no chachi.... U can make anything u wish with ur fullest love.
Hearing this chachi left the room n went to the kitchen.
Nandini: and anything specific for kavya& sameer.
Nandini had asked it intentionally knowing manik's love for the two of them.
Manik: ohh yes it would be awesome if u prepare some chocolate shake for the two of them.... They like it a lot.
Nandini: ohk sure...
Rishab went to the hotel were all of them were staying..... He reached there and asked the receptionists to call them & inform about his arrival. 5 minutes later, 3 dashing couples along with 2 kids emerged out of the lift. Navya had always considered Rishab as her younger brother n was very happy to see him grown up into a handsome guy. She hugged him n introduced him to kavya. Soon all of them met Rishab warmly & they decided to leave. But before getting out of the hotel, Rishab noticed all of them covering their faces with either stoles (girls), caps(guys) or goggles. Soon all of them got into the cars & Rishab asked,
Rishab: why hv u all covered ur faces???
Cabir: actually v don't want any1 following us to ur place.... Media is trying to reach manik & moreover it won't be nice to reveal nandini's identity at present.
Rishab: Ohh I guess.... U celebrities find it really difficult to hide ur personal life.
All the others laughed at it & then all of them headed towards nandini's place. They were so excited to see manik that as the car stopped at the destination they all got down n straightly ran inside. Manik was sitting in the living room with chacha n Amms, waiting eagerly for his frndzz. As they all entered with a loud noise, fab5 had their usual group hug. It had been a long time since they had their group hug & hence they all were very emotional while doing it. Listening the noise nandini came out towards the living room. As she entered navya noticed her & shouted "NANDINI!!", She ran towards nandini & hugged her tightly. At the same time fab4 heard her name & broke their hug, they all went to hug nandini. Manik stood back watching all his frndzz embracing nandini with their love. He smiled at them & noticed nandini hving tears in her eyes.
Cabir: areey hum itne bure bhi nhi h yr, kit um hume dekh kar roo rhi ho.
Cabir wiped her tears n hugged her.
Manik: that's not fair guys.... I knw that u all r meeting nandini after many yrs, but I hvn't met me too frm a long time.... & I m the one not who wasn't well, so this attention should be mine na..
Just then Abhi & Rishab entered along with the 2 kids, & as they saw manik, they shouted, "manik chachu......" and ran towards him. Manik sat on his knees & hugged both of them. After that he turned towards fab4 n said,
Manik: see only these two love me.... U all just came to meet nandini only.
Aliya: manik..... we all knw that no matter how much v say, u won't take care of urself... and now if u r alright, its all just bcoz of nandini & she deserves appreciation for it... isn't it.
Manik: ya ya whatever...
Just then Abhi went towards nandini, she hugged him tightly & promised him that now on she won't hide anything frm this brother of hers. Manik sat on the sofa, with kavya n sameer sitting on each lap. All the others greeted Amms n chacha. Nandini who was till now busy with all the others came to manik n stood in front of him, with an angry expression. No one in the room understood, what was she trying to do.
Manik: now what???
Nandini simply sat on her knees to face kavya n sameer & sweetly said,
Nandini: kavya,sameer.... Chachu is not well na... so if u will sit on him like this, it will hurt him even more... plz set down beside him.
Kavya & sameer immediately agreed n sat on either side of manik, holding his hands. Manik was busy talking to the kids n Amms was smiling seeing him that way, though she still had no idea who those kids were. Just then chachi came n all of them met her warmly, she noticed the kids n asked,
Chachi: manik... who are these kids???
Manik: Ohh ya chachi..... meet kavya, navya's daughter & sameer, aliya's son.
Chachi: ohh u hv such big kids.... Nice.... And kavya's father???
Listening to this all of them turned silent, but just then navya shouted "cabir!!!"
Chachi: cabir.... Wow.... And sameer's ???
Manik: Dhruv...
Chachi: hv u all married among each other only.
Cabir: off course chachi...
And with this the 3 couples stood together hugging each other.
Chachi: Abhi & mukti u too r married???
Abhi: ji chachi..
Chachi: toh how come manik is not married yet???
All the faces turned towards manik. Fab4, navya & Abhi shared glances..... and then manik said,
Manik: ab chachi..... ye toh aapko apni beti se hi puchna padega.... (to nandini) kyu nandini batao sabko...
With this all of his friends understood that he has already talked to nandini's family. And Amms said,
Amms: ohh yes!! I forgot to tell u Rishab..... u spend as much time with nandini as u want now only.... Bcoz then she will be going to settle back there in india with manik forever.....
As she said this manik turned towards her n asked, "really Amms??"
Amms: yes I agree.... The answer to ur question is yes...
Manik immediately got up n hugged Amms in full excitement shouting "thank u... thank u very much Amms". The entire room got filled with shouts n screems. All of them hugged manik n nandini. Nandini thanked Amms.
Cabir: ab koi tension nhi.... V had just come here to take manik back but now u too r stuck with us nandini...
Nandini blushed at it & ran inside towards her room. All of them laughed at her shyness & settled down. 5 mins latr mukti said to Rishab,
Mukti: Rishab can u plz show me nandini's room, I'll go n get her otherwise she won't come out at all..
Rishab: sure di...
Navya: wait I & aliya will also come along.
The 3 girls went inside & entered nandini's room. They talked to her & teased her for a while n then got her out, where all the boys were sitting with Amms n chacha, while the kids were playing with Rishab.
Chachi soon served all of them some snacks...
Aliya: sameer, kavya come u too eat something...
Sameer: no mom.... I don't want to eat this...
Navya: kavya see it's ur favorite dish..
Kavya: no maa.... Not now...
Manik: come today chachu will make u eat...
Kavya & sameer: not now.....
Nandini: but I hv something very special 4 u.... if u don't want I can give it 2 ur mamma she will hv yr chocolate shake.
Kavya & sameer: chocolate shake...
Nandini: u want it???
Kids: yes..
Nandini got up & went towards the kitchen, the next moment she came out with two glasses of chocolate shake which she had prepared. She gave it to the kids.
Kavya: thank u chachi...
Amms turned towards them n asked "chachi???"
Kavya: yes nandini chachi....
Nandini and manik turned towards each other as all the others shared glances. All were thinking about Amms reaction, and just then Amms smiled broadly towards the two kids & they all had a sigh of relief. After having food they all sat together & decided about manik n nandini's wedding. Amms said she wants it to be in a fully Indian way.... According to manik's custom... Dhruv called their manager in India & asked him about fab5's free dates & hence they decided the marriage will be held next month in Mumbai.... All were about all the preparations but nandini was sitting quietly..... Manik was trying to figure out what was she thinking. Then after sometime nandini slowly excused herself out of the crowd. No one but manik noticed this. And with this a thought came to his mind, "nandini wanted to wait for sometime & i... what did I do......" he said to himself.
Manik: Ohh freak...
Fab4: what happened??? Are u fine...
Manik: yup I m gud.... Guys plz excuse me, I hv some work....
Manik got up & was going in... Cabir sensed something wrong & went behind him & said,
Cabir: manik ruk... bata kya hua ab???
Manik: nothing man... actually nandini had said that she needs some time for this marriage.
Cabir: what??? Then why did u talk to her family...
Manik: because she wanted me to.... Her family was finalizing her marriage with some1 else.
Cabir: so couldn't u tell this to us before.... We wouldn't hv talked about all this now..
Manik: I knw man... but I was so happy that I forgot...
Cabir: now what r u waiting 4.... Go n talk to her, & if she has even 1% wish to wait, then we'll postpone all this...
Manik went in towards nandini's room & entered.... He saw nandini standing at the window & seeing outside, towards the stars. Manik moved closer & stood behind her. Nandini without even seeing him, sensed his presence & leaned onto him, resting her head on his chest.
Manik: I m really sorry nandini.... I became so happy, knowing Amms approval that I forgot everything...... but u don't worry I'll go out now itself & ask every1 to postpone the plans.... I knw u wanna wait & u can wait for as much time as u want....
Nandini heard him clearly n then stopped him by keeping her hand on his mouth. She turned towards him & said,
Nandini: did I say anything... I would hv said it outside, if I wished to but I didn't ...
She hugged him & said again,
Nandini: manik that day I wasn't sure about it.... I knew I wanted to marry u but I felt that I m not ready 4 it at present.... But then when I thought about it properly I realized that I want to become urs as soon as possible.... And now I wish to marry u now itself....
Manik broke the hug & cupped her face in his hands & asked,
Manik: then y were u so quite outside...
Nandini: (smiling) so this is the thing which is troubling u...
Manik: off course...
Nandini: manik... I was quite as I was thinking, how beautiful my life would hv been if I wouldn't hv taken that decision to leave u yrs ago... u, my frndzz, my family & Musi-, all would have been with me.
Manik: I, our friends, ur family &-???
Nandini: nothing.... Now let's go out before any1 comes in searching 4 us.
Manik: don't worry,,, now also ur life will be as beautiful as u think it would hv been. No actually now it will be much much better.
Nandini: I LOVE U MANIK...
Manik: I LOVE U TOO..
With this both of them moved out. They joined every1 else in the living room & out of them a few teased the new couple. But cabir, motioned his hands & asked manik what happened?? Manik who was sitting next to kavya, smiling broadly & kissed kavya's cheek. Cabir understood his reaction & smiled back at him.