4 - Missing Piece

It had been about a week since I had last seen Brendan because the Canadiens were on a road trip. The bad part about that was the fact that I actually found myself missing him throughout the week. This was a problem. A huge problem.

I tried to shake him out of my head as I wiggled into a black pencil skirt for work. I tucked my white three quarter sleeve shirt into it before sliding on a pair of heels. Being a hair dresser was both a blessing and a curse when it came to dressing up.

I pretty much had to dress up every single day, and some days, it was awesome to have an excuse for dressing up, and other days, it was annoying to have to dress up.

Today was one of those days where it's awesome to have an excuse. For some reason, I woke up today today feeling confident and ready to go, even it if was just to work.

"Well, don't you look all cute today," Sarah commented as I head into the kitchen to grab some coffee before I leave.

"I saw the pencil skirt, and I decided I was feeling it today," I replied, handing over my travel cup so she can fill it. She poured the coffee and added the sugar and cream for me. She handed my cup over with a smile.

"Maybe you'll find yourself a hot date looking like that!" she joked. I shot a smile back, but it was not genuine. If only she knew, I thought to myself as I grabbed my purse and headed out the door.

I earned some interesting looks as I walked into the salon. It was a little bit irritating having some of the other stylists staring me down, but I tried my best to ignore them and go to my station. Maxie wolf whistled at me as I set my purse down.

"They're just jealous," Maxie told me with a shrug as she ran her fingers through her client's hair. His hair was a dark chocolate brown, and it looked extremely soft. He turned to face me, and his eyes were as blue as the sky on a cloudless day. Wow.

"Hey," I said with a smile. He grinned, revealing perfectly straight, white teeth. Damn, he was a handsome guy.

"Hi," he replied. Maxie glanced between the two of us.

"You know," she pipes up, removing her fingers from his hair, "I just remembered that I had an errand I have to run. Could you do his hair for me?"

I tore my eyes away from the guy to look up at Maxie. She tilted her head towards him and winked. I suppressed a laugh and nod at her.

"Of course," I replied. The guy was still grinning as he shifted from Maxie's chair to mine. I wrapped the cape around him, my fingers brushing against his neck as I buttoned it together.

"My name's Lucas, nice to meet you," he told me, moving the cape aside to hold out his hand.

"Nice to meet you, too. I'm Stella," I replied with a smile. I reached out and gripped his hand, both of us holding on for a bit longer than we should have. "Alright, what are we gonna do with this hair?"

I moved behind him and ran my fingers through his hair, making eye contact with him in the mirror. I was right. His hair was extremely soft.

"Just a trim," he replied. "I'm really not good at this hair thing." We both laughed. I ran my fingers once more through his hair.

"Well lucky for you, I'm kind of good," I told him. I gestured for him to stand up, and I lead him to the washing area. I tried to move my hips in a way that didn't make it painfully obvious that I hoped he was looking at my ass.

As I washed his hair, I did my best to not shove my tits in his face, but it's kind of hard considering the fact that I have to lean down over the sink to wash it. I always felt bad about clients having boobs all up in their faces, but hopefully this one didn't mind it too much.