15 - Everybody Talks Too Much

The next day, I slept through my alarm and woke up with 20 minutes to get ready. I checked my phone before rolling out of bed and stumbling towards the closet. I wiggled into my jeans, pulled a black long sleeve shirt over my hair, and slid my feet into ankle high white converse.

I shuffled my feet towards the bathroom, and did my usual makeup routine. Realizing I had a few extra minutes, I popped on some false lashes. My hair was a dirty mess, and I had no time to wash it, so I grabbed a black hat.

With 5 extra minutes to spare, I took my Instagram. I had gained a bigger following recently, and I figured I should start posting more often.

stellamariee

stellamariee: didn't have time to wash my hair after spending the night at the hospital

stellamariee: didn't have time to wash my hair after spending the night at the hospital... the things I do for you, B

I giggled to myself, knowing that Brendan would appreciate the sarcasm while he was cooped up in the hospital.

<><><><><><><><><>

I had a quick break between clients, so I took the time to check my phone. I had more comments than I ever had received before, and I was curious to see what they said.

habsfan24: lmao wow what an insensitive bitch..

delaneyrogers: wtf sorry your BOYFRIEND'S INJURY INCONVENIENCED YOU

rickykallez: Gally you gotta get rid of her, what a bitch

carlysmith23: our best forward is injured and all you can think about is your hair?????? asshole.

I fought back the tears that were pressing at my eyes. I hadn't meant it like that. I was just trying to lighten the situation. A new comment popped up, and I couldn't help myself. I scrolled down to read it.

My heart instantly lifted and a smile formed on my lips.

bgally.11: I told you to go home babe but someone's stubborn🙄

bgally.11: but how did I get so lucky😍😍😍

My phone buzzed with a text.

Brendan Adam🙈
Don't listen to those people, I know how you meant it babe. Have a great day, see you later😘

Stella Marie🌸
I think I'm the one who got lucky here. See you soon😘

To say that I was blessed would be a total understatement.