Chapter 14

"So, what you're telling me is we are part of a prophecy that Tempest told you?" Potent exclaimed, his wings flapping. "Oh, somebody pinch me."

Seaglass leant forward with a talon outstretched. Potent snarled at the Seawing, and the pale green dragon leapt back.

"I was kidding."

Seaglass snickered as Mudpuddle elbowed him, he frowned and snapped his jaw shut, trying to appear serious.

"Look, guys. I know it is hard to believe, but you have to trust us." Artemis pleaded.

The whole Winglet had been in big doubt about the Prophecy, and refused to believe it. Especially the tempered Sandwing, Potent. Yet again that wasn't much surprise.

"I hate to admit it, but once you put the pieces together. It does make sense." Starflight began.

Sunny gave an agreeing nod. "Artemis explained it well enough, and quick enough, that must mean something, right?"

Potent growled deep in his throat, narrowing his obsidian eyes at the two's opinion.

"Fine."

Tempest frowned, but gave an apologetic glance at the angry Sandwing.

Snowfall snorted a small stream of snowflakes, arching a brow. "Well, since this a real prophecy, why don't we go fulfill it? Right now? So I can skip classes?"

"Yeah!" Seaglass chimed.

"Let's do it!" Mamba unfurled her wings into the air.

"Not so fast." Artemis said. "We don't even know where to begin with this thing."

"She's right." Clay agreed, looking at the other dragonets.

Queen Glory glanced at Clay, her scales swirling purple and orange for a split second. "Well, Clay. Remember the so-called prophecy? Did you follow it directly?" Before any could answer, she continued.

"No, you didn't. And despite it being a fake... You all did technically fulfill it. " She pointed out, new royal blue colors flooding over the purple in her scales.

"We fulfilled it." Sunny chimed, and nudged Queen Glory. She snorted in response.

Clay nodded half heartedly. "True."

"It was a fake!" Tsunami growled.

"Fake or not, things went.... well in the end. We stopped the war when my mother became Queen." Sunny said.

"And our prophecy is real!" Mamba exclaimed.

"It might not be." Tempest frowned.

"See! Even the one who said it isn't sure!" Tsunami flared her gills. "It's just some weird thing she read in a scroll or-"  She hissed. "- I don't know."

"She just isn't confident in her powers." Starflight argued.

The Dragonets of Destiny and the new dragonets began to bicker back and forth, a huge argument exploding between them. Artemis sat back on her hind legs, doing everything she could to stop their fighting. It's clear that she wasn't doing much of anything.

Tell them. Says a voice in her head.

Three moons. Not you again. She growled softly.

I'm serious, Artemis. It's the only way they will accept the prophecy.

Why should I believe you? She demanded. The voice was quiet for a moment.