Chapter 15

Artemis felt her legs buckle, nothing but fear and confusion clouding her mind. This stumble caught the other dragonet's attention by accident. Her eyes blew wide.

"Whoa, Artemis!" Mamba exclaimed, rushing to her friends side. Seaglass and Potent looked over worriedly, as did Mudpuddle and Tempest and generally all of her winglet. Something about that felt nice, but she was too in shock to care. The necklace was really warm now, uncomfortably so.

I warned you. The voice said.

You're- you're- the Darkstalker? She cried. No way.

He hummed, See, I knew you'd react like this. So predictable.

But you died thousands of years ago! And you're evil! You were buried for a reason. What they did to subdue you, didn't it work? This makes no sense.

You certainly know a lot about me, don't you? I'm not evil.. That's just a vicious stereotype about me. And Clearsight's bracelet worked just fine...Perfectly, actually.

A bracelet...I'm going to have to update my scrolls... She muttered.

Darkstalker laughed quietly. A fan?

Artemis growled, No, never. A reader. I never had much access to many scrolls, okay?

Sure, sure.

I don't understand.. Artemis thought to him. How are YOU the Darkstalker? Are you really him? How are you doing this?

Her necklace grew even hotter in response at the question. She knew deep down it couldn't be him, could it? It made no sense, not with how things were for her lately.

Slow down with the questions, Artemis. You're rambling in your head so much I hardly can keep up with you. Darkstalker said flatly.

Tell me. She demanded.

I AM the Darkstalker, okay? The bracelet Clearsight gave me...It broke somehow. Thus waking me up from my eternal sleep, all these years later. I am really him. Your so called evil Nightwing animus that killed his own father for no reason and was planning to take over the Nightwing kingdom and murder all the Icewings. See, I have an ability of seeing all the possible futures, and read minds- I can communicate with dragons like me because of it. He explained.

And is an animus, Artemis thought. Kind of an important detail.

He seemed to not hear her.

Only certain dragons, like you and another Nightwing I met a little while ago can hear me.

What was their name? She questioned.

Moonwatcher. Darkstalker sighed.

You mean, the Nightwing everyone's talking about, who left on the journey? She was in the Jade Winglet, right?

Correct. I'm worried. There were so many possibilities she wouldn't survive-

Darkstalker, or whoever you are. Artemis said. Quit worrying so badly, last I heard, she was fine.

I am Darkstalker. Stubborn much?

Yes.

I'm sorry, alright? It's been so lonely without her...Nobody else can communicate with me. Except you, of course. Now I have you! So I should be just fine.