The break up

**Hermione**

I woke up in my Gryffindor bed.
It wasn't a dream! I'm free!

I took a shower and changed into my Gryffindor uniform.
I'm so glad to be back!
I walked into the great hall and sat next to Ron, across from Ginny and Harry.
"Where were you the other day?" Harry asked after a few seconds of silence.

I should tell them... But of course, leave out the kissing part...

I sighed and told them everything.

"Oh my god! A week with Malfoy! You poor thing!" Ginny placed her hand on mine.
"You guys... Listen to me. He's stressed at this time in his life. Something's going on, but he really has changed. Like... He apologized for calling me a mudblood. And he needs a friend right now..."

Harry raised an eyebrow at me. "Hermione, I trust your judgement. I believe... He may have changed. But, be careful around him. He's still Malfoy."

I sighed in relief and hugged Harry. "I knew you'd understand!"
I turned to Ginny.

"I believe you too. But like Harry said, be careful. But I also admire you wanting to help and be his... Friend." Ginny stressed the last part but smiled faintly at me.
"Ron..?" I slowly turned to face him. He was looking down at his hands.
"I don't trust him. But if that's what you want..." He trailed off.
"Yes. I want to help him."
"And... I think we should break up." Ron mumbled under his breath and I didn't hear him but Ginny did.

"WHAT?! HERMIONE IS THE BEST THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED TO YOU! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!" Ginny leaned over and slapped him hard.
"What? What's going on?!" I looked at Ginny.
"I think we should break up." Ron spoke up.
"What? Why?" I was confused at this sudden request.
"I think... I love Lavender again."
I just sat there.

Not her. Anyone but her!

Tears left my eyes and rolled down my cheeks as I stood up, knocking over plates and ran out of the hall, noticing Draco stand up from the Slytherin table. I ran to the Gryffindor common room and collapsed on the couch, sobbing.