.Com Pt. II

Song and Artist: ".Com Pt. II" by Motionless In White (song and picture in media, and also inspired by The Purge movie as well)

If you don't know what The Purge (movie) is, it's basically about a specific day each year in America where there is 12 continuous hours (7 pm to 7 am) of all crime, including murder, is legal until the siren blares again in the morning, ending the Purge. All medical services and help is suspended during that time period of 12 hours. Watch the movie, I recommend the second one "The Purge: Anarchy". It's a very cool and awesome movie.

---

"This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the U.S Government..." The announcement lady said on the tv like every night of this cursed holiday.

Alex watched in anticipation, hugging the stuffed pillow she's brought with her down to the basement. She thought to herself that it was such a stupid decision of her to even come here to Los Angeles to visit Johnnie and Bryan when the Purge was just a few days ahead, even her parents forgot! And worst of all, Downtown L.A is where heavy Purging happens the most in all of America.

"Are you alright?" Johnnie whispered to her right. She stared at the blue screen of the tiny television in the dark room known as their basement of their apartment. Oddly enough, all of Johnnie's and Bryan's neighbours left the building hours ago, going out to Purge somewhere in Downtown, leaving the secured basement all to themselves.

"Yeah yeah I'm good, I think." She breathed. The Purge happens at other towns far from where Alex lives back at Texas, but the thought of her knowing that she's in L.A, right in a building in Hollywood, the town where almost everyone Purges in America, really doesn't put her at ease.

The siren blared, signalling that the purge just commenced. That means 12 continuous hours of no medical or police help whatsoever.

The basement doors opened, letting light shine into the dark room. Johnnie and Alex snapped their heads to Bryan, who opened the doors holding bags and bags of food and a gun. He shut the doors locked, muffling the sounds of the sirens yet again.

"It's okay guys, it's just me. I brought food and water that'll last us for tonight." He explained and opened a lamp, illuminating the huge and empty concrete basement. Alex looked down at the gun, a sniper, in Bryan's hand, then to his belt where a hand gun was hanging.

"B-Bryan, are you... Purging, tonight?" Alex gripped onto the pillow tighter.

"What? No, no the guns are just for a precaution. If someone tries breaking into the basement or our apartment upstairs, then I'll be prepared to attack back," Bryan explained. Alex nodded slowly, a feeling of protection filling up her body. Bryan was the adult here, she knows that he'll protect them.

"It rarely happens though, don't worry." Bryan reassured her. She nodded slowly, taking everything in.

"Sorry, it's just that I've never been near a city where anyone Purges a lot, and the thought of me in a building right in the middle of Hollywood doesn't feel safe at all," She frowned. She feels so scared, this never happened to her before at purge night.

"It's okay, once we get passed through these 12 hours, in the morning everything will be alright and safe again," Bryan smiled. Alex calmed down. She rubbed her right eye and picked up the remote for the tv. She turned on the news channel, which of course was live footage of people purging in downtown.

"This year's purge is looking pretty nice," the reporter man said. Alex stared at the screen wide eyed. The live footage shown a man in an ally beating, or should she say chopping, his victim's limbs and face with an axe.