Let Love Bleed Red

Song and artist: "Let Love Bleed Red" by Sleeping With Sirens

I'm currently working on 2 requests :) so here's a short one shot for you guys.

Keep requesting if you want to, requests are open. Comment or personal message me your request.

Check out my other My Digital Escape fanfics as well. And check out my recent one "One Step Too Late"

---

Bryan walked across the grass in the park near the picnic grounds, crushing dead leaves and grass under his shoes. He kept walking, further away from the said picnic grounds at the already empty semi-national park.

Bryan looked up to see the sun sinking lower behind the mountains, a twilight sky showing. Looking in front of him, he saw the lake he was looking for and smiled. He took out his phone and checked for the time.

5:46 p.m

He sighed in relief to know that he came earlier like he wanted to. He stood near the lake and looked down into it and to his reflection. He examined the water and saw that it reflected the sky, mirroring the reds, orange, blues and purples the twilight in the sky held, infusing the colours in such a pretty way. He sighed and sat down on the grass and played with the dandelions lining around the lake's edges.

"Bryan?" he heard a voice behind him. He got up and twisted around, knowing right away who's voice it belongs to. He smiled, putting a hand in his front pocket of his black skinny jeans and ran a hand through his fizzy-like blonde hair.

"Hey Shannon," He greeted with a smile. She rolled her eyes with a playful smile tugging on her lips as she shoved her phone in her back pocket of her shorts.

"It's 'Hey there I'm Shannon'," She joked. Bryan sat down again and so did Shannon on the grass near the lake.

"I thought you had plans with Johnnie?" She asked and picked on the grass. Bryan shrugged, wiping the dew from the grass on his black stripped t-shirt.

"Nah, he wanted to hang out with Kyle, Alex, Damon and Matthew Lush instead," Shannon made an 'o' shape with her mouth before she nodded her head in understanding.

"Ah, so you called me over because you're such a loner, huh?" she joked.

"What? No," Bryan laughed at her joke and threw a piece of grass at her. Shannon threw grass at him as well, chuckling.

"But for reals though, I just thought it would be cool if we would hang out," Bryan said.

"That's cool, I didn't have any plans anyway. Woah, look at the sky." Shannon pointed upwards and laid down on the grass. Bryan did the same and laid down on the grass with his hands resting behind his head.

"It looks beautiful," Shannon smiled up, seeing the colours of the sunset and civil twilight.

Altogether it was a beautiful gradient of the sunset colours to hues of blue and purple. The stray clouds looked like it took in the colours of the twilight, making it look equally as beautiful, complimenting the sky.

"The clouds look like cotton candy," Shannon pointed out with a chuckle. Bryan smiled, he liked it when Shannon had her childish side showing.

The two sat there in a comforting silence together, taking in the breathtaking view and the small sounds of nature.

"I wish everything would always be like this," Shannon spoke. Bryan looked at Shannon, who still kept her gaze locked at the sky.

"Like?"

"Well, I mean like I wish like everyday would be like this; laying in silence outside, just staring up at a magnificent sky, not having a care in the world. It's like a little escape or fantasy from the shitty world we all live in," She explained. Bryan took in everything she said, understanding what she means.

"Hm..." Bryan hummed to himself.

"You deserve much more, and I'll give until I'm all gone..." Bryan whispered, trailing off in the end of his sentence.

He knew that Shannon didn't hear him, but there was a desire to tell her something right there right now, the whole reason why he asked her to come and meet him here by the lake. But after he whispered that after what Shannon said, he wanted to make it a reality. He felt like his courage has amplified by a thousand, he wanted to tell her how he feels.

"Hey... Shannon?"

"Mmhm?"

"Can I tell you something?" he asked and looked at her. She turned her head to him.

"Sure, anything. What is it?" she smiled. Bryan opened his mouth, trying to find the right words to tell her. But the words were caught on his throat, his heart pounding faster and faster in his chest. Even though the wind was cold out where they were laying, he felt himself began to sweat out of nervousness.

"Its, uh..."

"C'mob, just say it." She encouraged. Bryan stared at her blue eyes for a moment before turning away and sitting up.

"I want to tell you something, for a while now actually," He spoke. Shannon sat up as well, now listening to Bryan.

"Oh? What is it?" She pressed on. Bryan breathed in, trying to calm his heart rate. His stomach churned, his face burning up a bit.

"I asked you to come here because... okay, Shannon I need to tell you..." He looked up at her this time, and her face held such a lost and puzzled look. He looked back down again, his face heating up even more.

Bryan shook his head; He's a grown man! This should be no problem. Breathing out, he sat up straight and turned to Shannon completely.

"Shannon, I like you, a lot actually, for a while now," He said. Shannon looked taken aback.

"Oh, Bryan I..." She trailed off.

And that made Bryan's heart sink.

He sighed and looked down, making sure to look away from Shannon.

"It's alright, Shannon. I get it, you wouldn't like a fizzy-haired dumb ass idiot like me, I was so stupid to ever even think that I'd have a chance with an awesome and amazing girl like you," Bryan faced away from her, actual tears barley forming.

"No no no, Bryan it's not like that," she said and reached out for him. Bryan shook his head and inched away.

"This was a dumb idea, forget what I said I honestly don't think I'd deserve someone like-" He looked up at her.

Bryan felt himself fall back and his back hitting the grass as he felt Shannon's lips against his. His eyes were wide, a state of shock scribbled all over his face. Was Shannon, on him? Kissing him? This felt so unreal to Bryan, is this a dream?

He took the reality of what's happening and kissed her back equally as passionate. Shannon reached for his hand a laced her fingers with Bryan's and then held his hand. There was no tongue or biting; it was a very passionate and sweet kiss.

Shannon pulled away and looked down at Bryan as Bryan stared at her back.

"Never say that about yourself, Bryan. You deserve so much more than what you said; so much more than you can ever think." Shannon spoke. Bryan have a weak smile.

"...thank you, Shannon..." He trailed off and tried to fight back tears. That was the most touching thing that anyone has ever told Bryan, and he really took it at heart.

Shannon got off him as Bryan laid on his side. Shannon laid next to him and looked at Bryan with a smile. She moved closer to him and buried her face on the crook of his neck and put an arm around him. Bryan took her hand instead and held it tightly.

"I'll give you my all," Shannon whispered and closed her eyes and so did Bryan as they laid there on the grass in silence together under the stars.