Falling Down Four Floors

I stared at Mask. She stared back.

"What?" I said, finally breaking the silence. "Just take the goddamn suit, Shift." She deadpanned. "No! I didn't even get to choose it! How come all the superheroes in the movies get rad suits, and I'm stuck with this of all things?!"

The said suit, had been provided by AIAA, and Hunter had pulled them out in the Armoury. It was a skin-right fabric, not necessarily uncomfortable, all black. A white utility belt hung on the hip, and on the front and back's centre, a black and white target sign was designed, with a pure white ONE on it. "We don't wear tights!" Mask said, shoving the suit at me. I sighed in defeat and snatched it up.

I'd pulled it on a few minutes ago.

"Hmph." I couldn't help but grumble. It was weird, clingy. I didn't mind that, but still, it didn't feel like...me. I pulled my hair backwards, into a very high ponytail, pulling the white elastic I'd been given over the gathered hair and securing it. A few stray pieces fell on my forehead, like side bangs. I let them be.

I stared at my appearance in the mirror. Brown skin, brown eyes, brown hair.
So boring.
I close my eyes shut in concentration. I envisioned sun-kissed, tan skin, a few shades lighter than my own. I saw my features sharper, and imagined green eyes.

I opened my eyes. My eyes were a strange green-brown mix, so it hadn't gone exactly right, but I did look sneaky. Intelligent. Attractive even.

I stared at the boots, with high wedges in them. According to Hunter, they added 'flair' and there was no chance of falling because they had their own points of gravity ever-shifting. It was pretty advanced coding.

Satisfied, and resigned, I opened the stall door, into the Armoury. Although we all had our own powers as weapons, we used weapons to harness them. There were the occasional Exceptions, who had no powers but dealt well with weapons.

Sin was staring at a blade, a curious choice. It was curved inwards at one side, silver and red detailing. The hilt had a red wolf's head. "Woah, Sin." He looked up and smiled lazily. "I think it should terrify everyone enough, right?" I nodded as I passed him, and Sin turned his attention back to the blade. "Looking good, Shift." He called, which made me turn and walk backwards for a second to give him a thumbs-up and continue my way.

I spotted Hunter with a complicated trigger weapon, Wire playing around with a few of the weapons, and Mask was holding two throwing blades, throwing them in the air and catching them. "I think we should strap these to the insides of our boots for the extra stealth." She explained. I nodded, grabbing four myself and hitching them in the boots.
"Let's just not stab ourselves in the feet though."

I'd found a silver gun, sleek and chrome. It had white detailing on it, and the white detailing had gold detailing, it was that detailed. Patterns of ivory ivy spread across the trigger, gold points creating the silhouette of a stag's gleaming horns.

I flipped the gun in my hand. Inscribed at the bottom, was it's name. 'Silver Stag' I held the Stag up in one hand, bracing myself for the relash. I'd fired guns before. I knew how they worked.

I spotted a target hung up on the side, resembling a mini shooting range. "How does the Academy even fund this stuff?" I murmured, before focusing on the target, the gun raise and ready. I moved it a few millimetres, and then my index finger pressed the trigger.

The bullet it fired floated soundlessly at the speed of light, a silent hit.

It hit the third circle, the outer one, on the target.

I liked this gun. The Stag. I'd keep it. This would be my weapon. I could feel it in my soul.

I grabbed its holster, and the belt of bullets that came with it, pulling them over my shoulder.