Some Say Six We Say Mix

It felt like we were reuniting after six years away from each other.

Not six days.

Jet and Delirium showed up first. Well, after me. The Squad rooms were so gloomy and angry and tension-filled right now, I just needed a break for a bit.

They were holding hands, and Deli had this huge smile on her face that made me really happy. I was glad that they were good. I'd been shipping Jeli for way too long. And their cuteness was going to make other not-so-cute couples jelly.

Haha.

See what I did there?

G-get it? Jeli, and jelly and oh never mind.

Frost showed up a minute later, walking very fast, heels clicking rapidly against the ground, and wobbling bags in her hands. I grabbed a few from her out of pity, but when I smelt the heavenly smell coming from within I knew I was being rewarded by the heavens for helping Frost out.

We all stared at each other, waiting for Mason to show up. Waiting for Jans.

A few minutes of stony silence slipped by.

"Jet?" I called. He cocked his head to the side, heavy purple bags of sleep deprivation under his eyes. Damn. That didn't seem like a good sign. "Where's Jans?" He looked away. Delirium sighed softly. Frost looked at us.

I looked at the ground.

"I-I don't know." Jet answered hoarsely. We all sort of paused in that moment.

I'm not sure how.

But we did.

It was like we were all trying to snatch the same puzzle pieces, unable to understand, until we finally did.

Jans and Mason weren't coming.

"Frostbite? Something's up. This, this, this can't be a prank. Jans, well, he's not that mean. And Mason wouldn't do something like that." I said quickly. My gaze didn't shift from the tiled stone bleachers we were sitting on. "Where can over 100 kids just disappear in a few seconds? Without anyone seeing?" Jet asked, exasperated. "They're not fucking Doctor Who. Whoever they are."

"Unless they are."

I looked up at Delirium. "Time-control? No, no that's way too powerful. If someone out there had a power like tha-" I didn't get to finish. "They'd be kept secret and locked up and all? Sounds like a villain to me." She finished. I gaped.

Villains.

No.

These sort of things were movie lines, cheesy and underrated. They didn't happen in real life. Villains weren't torn up on our destruction. We were torn up on theirs. They were the bad guys, and they knew it.

Then again, not every angel has wings...

And, not every demon has horns...

But some do.

I felt scared. Not a frozen I-spotted-a-disgustingly-huge-spider fear. More like that paranoid dread that sets in your stomach. I felt like someone was watching us, felt certain of it. Not like in the dark. But seriously, it was creepy.

"That's one guess. But there's no proof. All we know for sure, is they're missing, and we have to find them." Frost said calmly, playing with a strand of ice-blue hair. She looked up as we all collectively stared at her. "We are going to find them, right?"

I was doubtful.

"Can we pull off something like that?" I felt like a first-year, a scared little twelve year old, nervous and trying to figure out the mechanics of the AIAA's world to work it my way and failing. "I dunno 'bout you, but I kicked some serious ass last week." Jet said, looking determined. I scoffed, trying to play down the fear. "Bro, please. I beat up the TTT." He shot his eyes up. "What even is that though?" Jet asked suspiciously. "A gang. And now they're all gone. You're welcome."