Italy

***

"Can you tell me what her gift will be?" asked an individual I didn't recognise.

I feigned being asleep so I could listen and heard somebody sigh, "My apologies Aro, but my gift only allows me to know she holds great power and will be a huge asset to us..." another unfamiliar voice replied.

"Shame..." the one called Aro commented.

At this I slowly opened my eyes and my heart hammered in my chest when I saw a man with raven-black hair and crazed red eyes staring down at me...

"W-who are you?" I stammered as I tried to calm myself and get as far away as possible.

The man smiled creepily, "My name is Aro." he told me quietly as he stared into my eyes, making me uncomfortable.

I looked down at the bed beneath me, "What am I doing here?? Where are my friends?" I demanded quite rudely.

Aro didn't seem to care as he reached out for my hand, but I pulled it quickly from his grasp. "Be calm child. I will not hurt you..." he murmured, but I didn't believe him.

Not wanting to provoke him any more I let his cold hands wrap around mine, "What are you doing?" I questioned him in a terrified tone, watching his red eyes glaze over.

"Aro can read every thought you've ever had with one touch." said a lazy voice that I'd heard moments before.

I turned my eyes to the corner of the room where a guy about my age with curly blonde hair was standing, leant against the wall.

"Who're you??"

He raised an eyebrow, "My names Liam."

I nodded slowly as Aro let go of my hand, still staring at me openly. "How interesting..." he breathed.

Liam made a face, "I'm going to assess the other one." he grumbled before leaving the room.

"Where's Jay??" I asked suddenly.

Aro sat back in his chair, "In another room much the same as this one... My brother is with him." he informed me.

"Where is this?"

"Volterra in Italy." he smiled, "We are the Volturi."

I rubbed my eyes as I tried to clear my head, "What happened to Alice and Jasper?"

Aro's eyes lit up when he heard Alice's name, "We did not harm them." he assured me.

"They'll come and rescue us you know." I warned as I stared out of the small window.

The strange man let out a maniacal laugh, "I don't believe they will... Why put their whole coven in danger just to save two outsiders?? I don't believe my dear friend Carlisle is quite that stupid." he mused with a smirk.

There was a long, drawn out silence until Liam sauntered back into the room, smiling at something...

"Seems we have two very talented recruits here." he announced, "The girl is by far holder of the strongest talent though..."

Aro grinned at me, "Excellent. We will have to turn them soon." he muttered to himself.

"Please let me see him!" I pleaded with them.

Liam looked to Aro for permission and when he gave him a nod he vanished from the room again...

"Seems you don't know your own power... But I suppose that is normal considering your still human." Aro said quietly, speaking to himself.

The doors were opened again to reveal Jay being lead into the room by a scary guy with white-blonde hair and red eyes.

"This one likes a fight it seems..." the scary guy announced as he pushed Jay to the floor.