Chapter Five

When I had been with Logan, sex wasn't something that was spontaneous. I'd been the one that had to initiate it or beg for it even. I never knew sex was a big part of being in a healthy relationship. At times I'd felt like I was a nymphomanic, like I seriously had a problem and it wasn't normal for me to constantly want it or think about it.  Samantha was always sure to let me know that it was perfectly normal.

She'd been my rock, my safety net.
And after the utmost eventful night I had with Dante, she was the only person I wanted to talk to.

Dante left late last night when my screams of pleasure had woken up Julian. It took me nearly and hour to put him back to sleep, but it wasn't like I was all that tired to begin with. I'd been extremely energetic and so famished I ended up making two ham and cheese sandwiches. Because, well it was quick and easy.

Because it had been nearly two in the morning by the time Julian fell back into a deep slumber, he was still conked out at nine this morning. Which gave me time to call Samantha. Picking up my phone I noticed I had ten text messages and four missed calls from her. Shit, she's going to freak!

I quickly dialed her number, it rang all but once before she picked up and let me have it. "Damn babe, I was seriously ten seconds away from calling the police and putting a missing persons report out for your ass. You think it's okay to just let some random dude take you home and not answer my phone calls or texts? Crazy ass, I'm coming over!"

"I'm sorry, I'd been a little bit distracted at the time." Little, right..

"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming over, you've got shit to tell me. Want anything from the store?" She asked.

"Yeah, get me some candy. I got a major sweet tooth."

"Peanut ButterCups?"

"Yes! You're the best, see you in a bit."

"Bye, potato."  I stared at my phone as the line went dead. Potato? Why does she insist on calling me that?

Ten minutes later Big Booty Judy waltzed in carrying my king sized peanut buttercups. "Where's my baby?" She asked, Samantha has always had a soft spot for babies, but she wasn't sure she wanted one for herself. Which I could understand, kids were more than hard work, they were absolute handfuls at times, but completely worth the hassle.

"He's still asleep... I sort of woke him up last night around two in the morning..." I said sheepishly.

"Mhm, do tell. And do not, I repeat, do not leave a single detail out." She said as she made her way to my small red leather sofa, plopping down with her candy in hand. When I went to begin the events of last night Julian started to cry. "Hold that thought, actually. I need slobbery baby loves!"

She jumped off the sofa animatedly and headed for Julian's room. As I went to the kitchen to make him breakfast I could faintly hear her cooing to him. "Rise and shine baby boy! Shew, yous a stinky baby this morning, huh?"

"He poop?" I called as she walked into the conjoined living room with Julian in her arms.

She scrunched her nose up, "Either that or one of his stank ass farts. Boy is rotten!"

"Girl, quit spewing profanity around my son!"

She put her hands on her hips,"I do not spew profanities. I enunciate them clearly, like a fûcking lady!"

I let out crackles of laughter, "Let me just finish his eggs-"

"It's okay, I'll change him." She interrupted.

I wasn't used to having help with Julian, Samantha hadn't really stayed over much when Logan and I were together. She always said she was afraid she'd pop off at the mouth and then cause more problems for him and I. So, I wasn't all that surprised when she blew up on his ass as she helped me get the rest of Julian and mines belongings.

The rest of the morning I replayed all the details to her. Including the part where he used to be a porn star. She laughed so hard she cried, and then laughed some more. "Oh god, that's priceless!"

"Yeah well, that's the last I'll be seeing of him. Lord knows I don't need another s-e-x crazed player. Been there done that." I spelled the word out so I wouldn't have a little boy running around repeating it as I waved my hand through the air dismissively.

She watched Julian play with his toy cars on the rug at out feet. "You don't know if that's how he is, Mia. Put yourself in his shoes."

"He's a p-o-r-n star for Christ sakes, you don't go into that line of business to become celibate; there are other ways of making a living."

She raised her eyebrows and asked "He was a perfect gentleman last night, was he not?"

"Yes, but,-"

"But what? You're going to judge someone because they like s-e-x?"

I huffed, "It's not just that Samantha."

"Then what?" She asked sarcastically.

"How about the fact that probably millions of people have watched his... films. I don't want to get into a relationship with him then one day we are out walking around the park or something with Julian and someone notices him." I explained.

"And what happens if lets say one day we get married and people make fun of Julian for having a step dad that used to be a p-o-r-n start? That's not something I want him to live with, or I for that matter." I stated mater-of-factly.

Her lips twitched upwards, "You really liked him didn't you?"

I  bluffed nonchalance, and waved my hand, "I don't know what made you come to that ridiculous conclusion. He was just a pretty face, that's it."

She smiled wickedly, "Mhm sure, sure. That's why you can't look me in the eye, and you seemed to have given being with him a little too much thought. You know what I think? I think you're afraid to give him a try because you're terrified he's going to turn out like Logan." She accused.

"No, I'm over that, I just know nothing good ever comes from players." I stated. "Anyways, you want some lunch or something?" I asked, trying to change the subject, knowing Samantha it wouldn't be over, but at least I could distract her from the situation with food, at least for a short while.

"Ooh yeah, what ya makin'?" The way to Samantha's heart has always been food. And what I quick and easy distraction it was, even if it is only for awhile.

****
Sorry, it's kind of short. But nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed!

Let me know if you see any mistakes, so I can fix them.
Who doesn't love Samantha though?

-Corey-