Chapter Fifteen

"Mia?" My body froze to the sound of his angelic accented voice. But I didn't dare turn to look at him. I couldn't, or these tears were so going to fall all on their own accord. Even the sound of my name coming from his lips sounded guilty. And I couldn't bare to look at another half guilt-ridden face.

I tried to calm myself before I spoke, tried to make the words that were about to come out of my mouth sound nonchalant. "It's cool, Dantè. We aren't dating or anything. I should have never come." Even after the work I'd done to calm my nerves my voice still broke. The tears spilling just over the rim. My head pounded just has quickly and painfully as my heart. What sounded like bare feet shuffling across carpet quickly caught my attention. My body jerking as his large, heavy hand landed on my shoulder.

"Come inside, Amore." His tone light and soft, showing just how guilty he really felt.

I scoffed and wiped the tear that had fallen away, "I'd really rather not see the woman you're also sleeping with. I gotta go anyways, Julian is still at daycare."

"Wait, what?" His faux confusion pissed me off.

I laughed a deep belly laugh, the hysteria kicking in, I suppose. "No need to play dumb Dantè. Like i said we're not dating excusively, you're not mine and i'm not yours."

He took a deep breath, and for a split second I wondered what the look on his face portrayed at this moment. Shock? Hurt maybe? More than likely it was just deer in headlights, that 'oh shit, I'm caught' look. I'd never truly know though because there wasn't a chance in hell I was turning around to look, not in this lifetime or the next am I going to show another man just how much they've hurt me. Not again, anyhow. I'm done being a flimsy little doormat. My voice is cold and flat this time, "See ya later, Dantè."

I started down the corridor, My breathing growing heavier, the hurt  beginning to fade, anger falling into it's place. My lungs burning from the heavy breathing. What a waste of fucking time on yet another piece of shit man. "Have a good fucking life asshole!" I shouted as I reached the elevator and pressed the button.

The bell rang immediatley as no one had been on it since i'd gotten off. Fucking. Waste. Of. Fucking. Time. Thumping, heavy footsteps, loud as thunder barely registered in my brain before my back was slammed against the wall to the right of the lift my breath knocked clear out of my chest. "What the fuck are you doing?" I yelled at his beautiful and very angry face.

"You're fucking mine, Mia. Have been since the moment I laid eyes on you." He nearly growled at me.

My shock had to have been so damn evident, the angry redness of my face creeping up my neck so quickly he'd have been wise to back away as quickly as possible, but the bastard held his ground and held it firm, and even had the damn nerve to look angry right back. As If I had been the one caught with another man in my room. I laughed in his face, "Says the man who can't keep his dick in his pants! No wonder you stopped calling me back, could have just let me know you were getting bored Dantè! I shoved his huge chest, only causing me to become more irate when he didn't even move an inch. "Let me the fuck go!" I screamed.

"If you dont calm the hell down, you maddening woman,"

I cut him off, "Calm down? Calm down! I swear to God i'll rip your fucking prick off and feed it to you! Fuck you, Dantè. Fuck you for being just like them all and fuck you for making me fall once again for an absolute dickhead!"

His face immeiately froze, and what seemed to look like a whole lot of shock took over his features before I realized what I had just done, before I realized exactly what I'd just said. Oh shit, kill me now, please. His breathing grew wild, the air between us getting so hot, his nostrils flaring wider between each breath. What the hell is happening? I lifted my gaze to his lust filled eyes just in time to his lips crashing into mine. His tongue demanding my lips to open. I tried to fight it, my brain sparing with my heart, but before long the voice of all reason was gone and I was opening my mouth to his comanding tongue. he kissed me with so much passion, so much fever I felt I was going to pass out. My hands flew to his hair, tugging the thick locks roughly, his lips on mine were punishing, but oh, so fucking good. I whimpered into his mouth as he lifted my leg to his hip and ground his hard member into the very center of my apex. His lips finally releassing the hold on mine as his other hand found it's way into my hair and tugged my head back, "All. Mine." He groaned between each kiss, accentuating every word. Tingles shot from the back of my head to my betraying, throbbing clit. My eyes locked on the ceiling as his mouth worked it's s way to my throat, licking, nipping an kissing his way down further. But my mind couldn't pull away far enough from how wrong this was, from how wrong he was. "Stop," I whispered "Please. Please, stop."

Tears were falling now, my body screaming at me in protest for making him stop. But I couldn't completly forget about the huge pink elephant in the room. My body is nuts if it thinks I'll let him contiue after what just happened. His hand dropped my leg, coming up to wipe a salty tear from my cheek. "Amore, dont cry. It's my Mother."

My brows drew together, huh? "W-what?"

He smiled a reasurring smile as he wiped more of those disloyal tears from my cheeks. "The woman you heard in my apartment, it's my Mother."

His mother? It cant be his mother, she's in Italy with his father. Like, thousands of miles away, in a whole other country. That's impossible. He must have seen the cogs working overtime inside my brain because he spoke again, softly "They're both here, bellisima, look." I followed the movement of his arm as he pointed in the general direction of his apartment. Oh, good lord, both his mother and father were standing in the doorway of his apartment. His mothers face one of pure shock before morphing into a beautiful smile with perfect, pearly white teeth so much like her sons. His father was the spitting image of Dantè. All except for the lines and wrinkles marring his face and the deep looking scar just above his eyebrow down too close for comfort to the edge of his eye, his graying hair disheveled.

"Merda" Dantè spoke, barely audible to my fading hearing. Dante's fathers expression was void of all emotion, I'd have thought he weren't truly here if his lips hadn't twitched upwards right before my vision went black and I collapsed into Dantè warm, waiting arms.