Chapter Twenty-One

Dante's POV

    I knew the minute I left my sweet Mia curled up in my bed this was going to be a shit show, but I also knew it had to be done. None of us could live this way, and if for some reason things hadn't gone the way Hoss wanted them too I didn't see it turning out well for me. Me or my relationship with Mia. She deserved a man to be there, physically and mentally. If we would have kept up the plan Hoss had and it hadn't worked out, i would have been on the run for the rest of my life. With my parents, who were too old for that shit, too stubborn. I would have either had to leave Mia behind and hoped and prayed to the heavens that they would have left her and Julian alone. Which I'm not even sure I could do, she meant to much to me and now that was obvious considering how she's been held up in my apartment with the rest of us. Locked away like the princess she is. Fuck I hated that, hated taking her away from what makes her happy.

And that's why I'm currently tied to a filthy and rather uncomfortable ass chair, in the middle of a warehouse. My wrists burned with every movement I made, with every punch to the jaw, every flinch I made trying to get my hands from behind my back, trying to give this big fucker the exact same treatment. But of course they were tied good, fucking pussies. The bastard Carlo currently had doing his dirty work not only used the roughest rope they could find but also zip ties that were currently biting in my skin like sharp baby shark(do do da do do ;p) teeth.

Carlo sat a good five feet away from me, his legs wrapped around the side of the same chair, his arms resting on the back, clasped out in front of him. His smirk pissed me off, he was enjoying the show. I spat blood at him as best as I could, trying to reach him. "Pussy!" I yelled, before his guy slammed another fist to the right side of my face. My eyes were already starting to swell, my mouth filled with blood and the ringing in my ears kept getting stronger, louder.

I could barely seen him through my swollen eyes, but I saw the smirk clear as day on his face, "I'm the pussy, huh? As I recall, Dante, you're the one who hid in your apartment for two week with mommy and daddy. Lets not forget the pigs you're working with now. Ohh," He sang, "And that sexy piece of ass that walked right into the trap. Wish we had paid more attention to who she was." He shifted in his seat, "Tell me, fratello does that sexy little mouth of hers suck dick as good as I imagine?"

I tried again to get out of the restraints, "Fuck you!" I yelled.

He stood and stalked closer to me, circling around me, "Ah ah, fratello." He tisked, "Thats no way to treat your brother, is it?" He mocked.

He was behind me now, his hands clamping down on my shoulders. His rings digging into the sore flesh. "You're no brother of mine, I never married that bitch of an addict you call a sister."

He chuckled, and circled back around to my front, "You see, I told you from the beginning she wasn't your type, didn't I Dante?"

"The only wise thing to ever come out of your fucking mouth." I said

He laughed again, looking at the brick wall of a man standing off to the side of us. His hands crossed at the wrists, staring off straight ahead. "The balls on this fucker, yeah!" He boomed "Got him tied to a chair and still he mouths off." He swings his gaze back on me, "It'll be sad to see ya go, Dantè." He said wistfully, "I always did like you. Hell, maybe even admired you, we could've made a hell of a team, brother."

I scoffed, "I'd rather eat shit."

He lunged, his fist aiming for my already bruised and swollen jaw, the impact hurt like a bitch, but he quickly straighten out his suit jacket and ran a hand through his dark hair.

I spat off to the side, "Your fuck buddy over here hits harder." I knew I shouldn't be egging him on, I wanted, needed to walk out of here alive. But I was starting to think that wasn't going to be an option, he hadn't even asked what information I had. Hadn't even given one single hint that he even cared.

He swung again, this time harder. "You insult my baby sister, now me." Another blow, "So full of disrespect, maybe it's time I beat it out of you, make you grovel like they all do before I put a bullet between your eyes." He kept up his assault for what felt like years, making it harder and harder for me to keep my head rising after every swift punch.

I gave up, letting my head hang to my lap. He yank it back up by the roots of my hair, "Come on, stronzo. That all you got?" He mocked.

I didn't have the energy to speak let alone keep my head up high on my shoulders when he let go. It pounded, hurt so bad I wished to just pass out. I thought of Mia, of Julian and my parents. Targets of Carlo if I couldn't, didn't pull through. I coughed, my throat dry, my mouth tasted of metal. I tried to get the words out but they were unintelligible, gurgled.

Carlo chuckled, "Try again, brother."

I cleared my throat, "S-she shot your father." I mumbled quietly. The words alone nearly taking every ounce of energy out of me.

The silence lasted minutes long, felt heavy and murderous. Maybe he didn't care, but I needed to secure my way out of here, alive. "She fucked up the last s-shipment, Carlo. She's trying to go off on her own, she knows you'll find out what she's done. Knows you'll kill her. She's been taking kilos at a time. Saving them for when she's ready to make her move."

He laughed mockingly, "Yeah, the only problem with that little story of yours, Dantè; nothings been missing." He yanked my head back up by the hair, a switchblade in his free hand. "Maybe I'll cut the tongue that lies right out of your fucking mouth."

One look in his deranged, ebony eyes and I knew he'd do it. Knew he was through taking his time with me. I had mentioned his beloved father, and we both knew how much he had cared for him. "I swear!" I quickly said, "She's been replacing the taken product with large amounts of fentanyl. That's why your clients are dropping like flies, Carlo."

His brows drew together as he continued to stare, the hand with the knife slowly dropping. "Prove it." He finally said after awhile. "Fucking prove it!" He bellowed. I nodded, as best I could.

" I can, right now. You just gotta unite me, Carlo." I pleaded.

So maybe one more chapter than I thought before the book is finished. I can't write anymore tonight so I had to stop it here. Hope you all enjoyed! Leave your feedback, lovelies!

Xoxo -Cor-