Chapter Two

Zaire:

I stood at the back of the theatre and watched her. You could hear the pain in her voice as she spoke about this person. I wonder who it was; they must have been special to her. 

"Made me remember everyday what happened to my big brother”. 

My heart dropped as she revealed who she was talking about. I could see the tears welling up in her eyes as she exited the stage. It hurt me to see her cry and I don't even know her that well, I shook the feeling off as I left the theater and made my way to my car. There was somebody leaning against it but I couldn't make out who it was, as I got closer a frown plastered as cross my face as I realized who it was.  

“What do you want" I asked as I got into the car not once looking at her. She opened the door and sat in the passenger seat but said nothing. I couldn't take the silence so I began to drive and put the radio on. We'd been driving for about. 10 minutes before she spoke. 

“Look I know I messed up big time but I really am sorry, you’re the best thing that ever happened to me and I messed that all up over nonsense and I'm really really sorry" she said.  

I leaned back against my seat and sighed. This girl was fucking with me. I can't go back to her, not when she's having another man’s baby, not when that man happens to be one of my so called friends. I looked at her and saw tears streaming down her face. I breathed in I hated when she cried. 

"Kahlia listen, I forgive you but I can't get back with you, it's too much to know that you’re having my friend’s baby. You hurt me in the worst way possible but what’s done is done, we can be friends though" I said wiping her tears. I parked outside her block. "I'd like that" she said and she stepped out giving me a small smile before disappearing into the building. I pulled my hand through my hair and sighed. Why did things have to be so complicated? I drove off to get ready for dinner with the guys, Nailah and her friends. A small smile spread across my face as the thought of her plagued my mind. I parked in I'm spot and walked into the house. 

"Wats good Zai? I hope you’re not coming out looking like that" Prince said with raised eyebrows. I chuckled this boy was trying hard. 

"Don't worry Princey I won't embarrass you in front of your date, if you must know I'm going to get ready now" I replied making my way over to my wardrobe. I opened it and pulled out a pair of navy jeans and a white polo. I didn't want to dress up too much that was Prince's job. 

I jumped in the shower bathed and quickly washed my hair. I creamed myself then blow dried my hair quickly before putting on my clothes. I pulled my hair back into one and kissed my teeth, having hair is stressful.  

"Hurry up man I have pick the girls up you know" Prince shouted from the other room 

"I'm coming, I'm coming" I laughed as I pulled on my Jordan’s. I put on my jumper and made my way out to Prince's car.  

"Talk about taking your time" he laughed pulling off. The girls had gone home to Nailah's house for the weekend so the ride was rather lengthy. 

About an hour later we pulled up outside a mansion looking house. 

"Ahh shit look at her house, one of those undercover rich girls" prince said as we walked up the path way. He pressed the bell and we waited. A smaller version of Nailah opened the door and smiled. We stepped in and said hello. 

"Ohh you’re the boy my sister is always talking about" the girl said smiling. Her smile was identical to her sisters. 

"Tahirah Shut up you ape" Nailah screamed from where ever she was.