Beacon Academy Pt. 2

Minutes that seemed like hours passed as I aimlessly wandered the courtyard. Students new and old stared at me weirdly as they passed but didn't say anything.

After a while, I just sat down on a bench. Soon, less and less students were walking around the courtyard, most of them heading to the ceremony. I should probably follow them.

So, I got off the bench. Or at least tried to. My legs must've fallen asleep because as soon as I stood up, my knees buckled and I fell to the ground, thankfully catching myself before I hurt myself. A small group of people passing by me laughed and continued walking, but I saw a girl in all purple stop and tell the others the keep going.

I sighed and leaned my head against the bench and the purple girl walked up to me, holding out her hand.

"I really have to stop falling." I grumbled and accepted her gloved hand. I looked at the girl. "Thanks."

The girl smiled and pushed her short sandy blonde hair behind her ear. She stared at me with her bright red orbs and smiled slightly. "Don't mention it." She pointed to her group, who were now staring in shock. "Ignore them. There a bunch of idiots!" She yelled that last part and I heard them laugh. "I'm Vienna."

"I'm Sebastian." I said and smiled. Then, I rubbed the back of my neck. "Um... do you know where the ceremony is going to be at?"

Vienna smiled and nodded. "Yeah, just follow me." She grabbed my wrist and started running.

"Wait!" But she just dragged me along. We passed her friends that continued to stare in shock and she continued running. As we were running, I went into my observation mode. Over her sandy blonde hair was a violet hood that faded into a lighter shade. Her bright red eyes contrasted from her darker skin. She wore dark purple armour with a violet skirt and her long brown combat boots clicked violently as she ran. On her back was a dark brown quiver with grey arrows, but where she kept her bow was a mystery at the moment.

"...and here we are!" Vienna said, snapping me from my observation mode. We had stopped at a large archway, and inside were about a hundred or more people and almost immediately, I notice bright pink hair out of the dark browns, blacks, and blondes.

"Yoohoo! Kitty! Over here!"

I groaned and looked at Vienna. "I'm sorry, but I have to go. Maybe I'll see you around?"

She nodded and smiled. "See you around, Kitty."

"No, just, no."

Vienna laughed and nodded. "Okay. Adios, Sebastian-chan!"

Sebastian-chan? That was different. I walked away from her before Rachel could practically drag me away. Rachel was bouncing up and down as I stood next to her.

"Oh I can't wait! Professor Ozpin is going to say a speech, and then were going to go to sleep, and tomorrow is initiation and we're going to be partners, and then we're going to be part of a team, and then-"

"Rachel!" I said and dug my finger into her collarbone. She grumbled an 'ow' before turning to me, an annoyed look on her face.

"I'm sorry," I said and rubbed my eyes. "But if I didn't do that you wouldn't ever stop talking."

Rachel laughed, her regular face returning. "Oh, Kitty. I'm never going to stop talking."

(A/N: I don't really feel like writing a whole speech. Not my greatest decision as a writer really.)

Our conversation was stopped when we heard someone tap a microphone and clear their throat (A/N: Okay, maybe I lied.). Looking away from Rachel, I looked at the stage and saw an older man with medium length white hair and surprisingly cool Harry Potter glasses. He wore a dark green blazer over a lighter green shirt and pants the same shade of green as his blazer that went past the top of his shoes, but short enough so that didn't touch the ground.

Professor Ozpin.

He stared at every student before pushing his glasses up. "I'll...keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge--to hone your craft and acquire new skills--and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose--direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step."

He smiled slightly before walking offstage, Glynda Goodwich taking his place. "You will gather in the ballroom tonight. Tomorrow is initiation. Be ready. You are dismissed."

The room erupted in conversation and I frowned. "Ozpin gave that same exact speech last year."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Rachel frown and look at me, her small ponytail swinging behind her, smacking a girl in the face in the process. "How do you know?"

I shook my head. "Forget that. Let's just follow them."

***

I put my Kampilan into my locker when out of the corner of my eye, I saw a dark purple arrow on the floor.

Closing my locker, I frowned and walked over to it. Looking at it closer, I noticed the arrow itself was not a dark color, but a light brown and the feather was a light purple, the arrowhead a bright yellow color.

As I picked it up, I heard a voice yell, "No! Sebastian-chan!" A small shock was sent through my body, and before I could do anything else, the small shock turned into a large one and the next thing I knew, I was lying on the floor with a pair of bright purple eyes and a pair of bright red eyes staring at me in shock.

"Sebastian-chan! Are you alright!" Vienna asked, the concern high in her voice. At the same time, a "Kitty! Are you alright!" from Rachel made both of them look at each other.

"Your colours..."

"...are the exact opposite."

They both stared at each other before laughing and high-five'ing each other.

"Girls, I hate to ruin the moment, but I did just get electrocuted."

Their eyes widened. "Right! We are so sorry!"

#

Word count: 1124

I had fun writing the moment V and R met.

Also, I did copy the Ozpin speech, and I have no regrets at all 😊

I DO NOT own the RWBY universe or the characters within! I only own team SLVR!

Please vote/comment, leave positive feedback and keep on reading!
-JM