The Emerald Forest pt. 1

"You think this is it?"

Luke rolled his eyes at me and walked down the hill to the forest temple. I scoffed. "You could've just said no." Yet, I followed him anyways, Rachel and Vienna talking excitedly behind me.

The forest temple wasn't really a temple. Or necessarily in the forest. It was outside of the forest. It look like a ruin. There were about 12 pedestals around the inside perimeter with 6 pairs of different coloured roses on them. That's when Rachel spoke up.

"Ooh! Roses!" Rachel ran forward, appearing right next to a pedestal with a pink rose before picking it up.

"Rachel!"

She giggled, positioning the rose in her hair. "Coming, Kitty." She sprinted back to my side and I rolled my eyes, chuckling slightly. When I felt a finger on my head, I grabbed Rachel's arm and put it back to her side, making her pout.

"What the hell? Why isn't there a purple flower? You know what? Fine. I'll go with the pink one." Vienna yelled out and Rachel squealed in excitement.

"We got the same flower!"

Rachel ran towards the other girl and they laughed excitedly. I slowly walked towards Luke, trying to get on his good side.

"I don't get girls."

"Neither do I. I mean, it's just a flower."

Their heads snapped towards Luke and his eyes widened.

"I-I mean, they're beautiful flowers." He said, his voice quivering slightly, and the girls turned around, pleased, making me laugh.

I looked around at the other pedestals, noticing that a couple of roses were missing. "Looks like we weren't the first ones here."

***
(A/N: I have run out of stuff to write for Sebastian's POV, so when that happens, I might switch to someone else's POV, or no one's POV. Might be confusing, but hopefully not. Thanks for reading :) )

*No One's POV*

The brown eyed girl stood alone in the Emerald Forest, three Beowulves surrounding her. Twin Penguins (she liked penguins, sue her.), her two chakrams, were gripped tightly in her hands, her pale knuckles turning even whiter.

The first Beowulf charged, and the girl dodged. She smirked quickly before swinging her chakram with all her might, slicing the Grimm's head clean off its body. The second one quickly followed. Then, it was down to the third one.

The young teen quickly changed her chakrams into two pistols. She inserted a Dust chamber and switched to a bright green colour. Her pistols instantly shone green. The brunette smirked as the Beowulf growled and she was about to shoot it when it suddenly collapsed to the ground. The girl frowned and she lifted her foot.

Nudge.

Nothing.

"Hi."

The girl jumped and looked away from the dead Grimm, the monster disintegrating slowly. In front of her stood a boy that looked a little older, with short and shaggy black hair and a pair of sky blue eyes. He had a slight smirk on his face, making her glare at him, until she looked up farther. A pair of light orange fox ears were on his head.

From her peripheral vision, she saw the boy's face drop and he looked down. The girl simply smiled and pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm Mary." The girl said quietly and the boy looked up slightly, and mumbled something that sounded like "Harry."

The girl- Mary- sighed quietly. "I guess we're partners now." She put a pale hand on his shoulder. "I like your ears, by the way." Harry's- she assumed that was his name- ears perked up and he grinned widely.

"Let's go find some relics."

***
*Sebastian's POV*

"Rachel!"

Rachel spun around and smiled. "Harry!" She ran forward and hugged the boy a few feet away, and I raised an eyebrow.

Next to the boy- Harry- stood a girl with long brown hair that fell to her shoulder blades. She had dark brown, almost black eyes and by the way she looked around, you could tell she was the shy type. She tugged absentmindedly on her dark grey hoodie before stopping and shoving her hands into her dark blue skinny jeans.

Rachel interrupted me from my observations by exclaiming, "Kitty! This is my brother, Harry!"

Before I could say anything, Harry snorted. "Kitty?" Then his eyes trailed to my head, but he simply shrugged. "Don't stress out over it. She calls me Foxy sometimes." Then my eyes trailed to his head and I smiled.

"So!" Harry clapped once before turning to his partner. "What flower do you want to get, Mary?"

Mary's eyes widened slightly before she tugged in the sleeve of her jacket. "It doesn't matter. What flower do you want to get, Harry?"

He raised an eyebrow, a slight smile on his face. "I'll go with the orange rose."

Pause.

"Actually, maybe the green one."

Pause.

"Okay, the red one."

Pause.

"My bad. The-"

"Just choose a damn flower Harry!" Rachel exclaimed, obviously frustrated. Harry jumped and grabbed a blue rose, before giving it to Mary.

"For you." Mary blushed and Rachel groaned in frustration.

"Must you flirt with everyone?" Rachel sighed when he simply shrugged. A screech filled the air and Mary and Vienna covered their ears. I have to admit, it was pretty loud.

"Rachel! Did you hear that?"

"Of course I did, you dolt. I'm not freaking deaf!"

It was quiet for a moment before a loud scream filled to air.

"Heads up!" Looking up, I saw two wide eyed Jacobson twins, falling straight towards the six of us.

#

Word count: 1025

So, this update is a little late, and I'm sorry. I'm kinda busy.

So, how did you like the POV switch? I literally had no idea what to write, and I wanted to write the two new characters in- Harry and Mary (hey, that rhymes!).

Mary is actually based on a real life person. She is a RWBY fan, and when I told her she could be a huntress that kicks "Grimm booty" (my words. No regrets), she was all for it.

New chapter should be up by Sunday!

Don't forget to vote/comment, leave positive feedback, and keep reading!
-JM