The Emerald Forest pt. 1

I jumped, the snake's black head slamming into the ground. As I was falling back down, the white part slammed into my, sending me flying. I recovered quickly, planting my feet to the ground. I slid and bumped into a tree, the King Taijitu's black part lunging at me again,

I used my semblance, Shadow; it was the same as my cousin's. The snake smashed into my shell and I attacked, sending the Filipino sword into it's large crimson eye. The Grimm hissed loudly and flung its head at me, sending me through the air once more.

I slammed into a tree, crying out, my sword lying on the ground and some of my arrows broken. Recovering slowly, I was back on my feet, both of the King Taijitu's heads in front of me, when a bright pink glyph appeared under its head. The glyph erupted into flame, making the large snake hiss and back away.

"Yoohoo! Kitty!" I looked up. Rachel was sitting on a tree branch, a silver rapier in hand and a large smile on her face. She pushed off of the branch and fell next to me, her combat boots hitting the ground with a thud. She ran a tanned hand through her bright pink hair and sighed. "What is it with you and snakes?"

Before I could question her, the King hissed and I quickly snatched up my sword. Rachel quickly went into her combat stance, her rapier pointing at the snake. I looked at her. "I have a plan."

I quickly described the plan and her smile grew. "That is so going to work." I changed my sword into the bow and pulled out an dark red arrow. Rachel drew a black glyph under me and it launched me into the air, past the King Taijitu and past the tall trees of the Emerald Forest.

"Freezer Burn!" I yelled out, slightly stealing the idea from when team RWBY fought Roman Torchwick. I shot the fire arrow downwards, hoping that Rachel drew her ice glyph. She did. I saw steam quickly rise into the air and as I fell past the trees, Rachel drew a glyph so that I wouldn't hurt myself. I jumped down onto the ground, hearing the large snake hiss loudly, it's black part slowly moving around. I pulled out an ice arrow this time and quickly shot it into the snake's eye. Ice formed around the black head, the ice forming onto more than half of its body, leaving the white part all alone.

"My turn." Rachel said and closed her eyes. When she opened them, the once dark lilac had turned into a bright yellow. Her rapier lit up yellow as well and her hair had a light yellow outline to it. She charged forward and attacked the white head, her rapier moving wildly. She stabbed at the snake's head and I saw an electric shock move down its body, yet it wasn't dead yet. The snake hissed and lunged towards Rachel, making her cry out.

"Rachel!" There was no answer as the steam cleared, leaving me with a view of Rachel holding back the King Taijitu, her dark red aura surrounding her. I chuckled and pulled a dark blue arrow from my quiver. I shot it at the snake and it hissed, the electricity from Rachel's rapier mixing with the water arrow, electrocuting it. The Grimm smoked and slammed into the ground, making Rachel fly into the air a couple feet.

"Yoohoo!" A voice yelled from above us. I looked up yet again and saw Vienna falling from a tree, her brother right behind her. She landed on the ground and rolled, stopping right next to Rachel. They smiled at each other and high-five'd. Meanwhile, Luke rolled to a stop right next to me, and we glared at each other.

"Just, dropping in?" I said, trying to break the ice. Vienna smiled more and Luke snorted, making a small spark of hope rise in me. Maybe the whole "being a Faunus" thing will slide.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, my grey cat ears bending slightly, making me wince. From the corner of my eye, I saw Luke look at me and frown slightly before looking away.

"So!" Rachel clapped once, making me look at her. "Where is this so called, 'forest temple'?"

Everyone was silent for a moment.

"Nope." Vienna said finally, popping the 'p'. She too ran a hand through her short blonde hair. "No idea."

I felt my cat ears perk up along with me tail. Luke looked at me, an eyebrow raised. "Did the little kitty get scared?" He smirked slightly, making me glare at him.

"No. There are Grimm nearby." I paused for a moment. "Lots of them."

Rachel groaned. "You know what? I'm done." She pushed a strand of hair from her face before walking away, rambling about how much she hated the Grimm. I looked at Vienna and Luke. "I don't know about you guys," I said. "But I'm following her."

#

Word count: 940

So, I introduced Sebastian's and Rachel's semblance in this chapter, which is a plus.

And this story is really going somewhere. I'm so happy. So, I have school tomorrow, meaning less writing time, which means slightly late chapters, and possibly shorter chapters.

Also, I need a new story cover. The one I have now seems... boring. But idek anymore. So if anyone want to make a cover, I'm very thankful. But hey, I'm also trying, so don't feel like you have to.

Don't forget to vote/comment, leave positive feedback, and keep reading!
-JM