Accidental Meeting

Nova POV

I walked quickly down the busy street, hearing my name being called by my two older brothers. I flinched each time they called and bumped into a lot of people, but I'm getting pretty far ahead of them. Lord, please don't let them find me. I thought to myself.
When I didn't hear them calling anymore, I turned to check if they were still following me. That made me collide with someone, causing both of us to fall into an alleyway.
"O-oh, I so sorry, Monsieur. I did not mean to." I quickly got up, speaking my best English.
"It's alright. I should've been watching..." His voice trailed off as I looked out of the alley to see my brothers nearing closer." Is everything okay?" He asked. I looked at him and got an idea.
"Monsieur, do not hate me." I mumbled before turning my hat around pulling him down so it looked like he was kissing me, hiding my face. My brothers glanced at us, but ultimately passed us by.
When they passed, I relaxed, letting the man go. I caught my breath and looked at him, now a few feet away. He didn't seem angry, but shocked.
"Why did you do that?" He asked me, pushing his bushy, medium length brown hair back. He looked me in my green eyes with curious dark ones. "You're not from around here, are you?" He asked me. I shook my head.
"I extremely sorry, Monsieur. I needed to hide." His shocked expression turned soft after I said that.
"Why would you need to hide?" I glanced out the alley to see my brothers heading back, calling my name.
"Is not safe here. Follow." I grabbed his hand and quickly ran down the alley, turning here and there until I thought we were safe. The man was panting already and I let go of his hand.
"If it's not safe on the streets, then follow me. I was about to go to work." He leads me out on a street and starts walking." My name is Dan, by the way. Dan Avidan." He smiled a warm smile. I feel I can trust him.