Birthday Cake (E)

Credit: im_just_a_sucker_for_bromance

+++++

Luke shifts on the bed, scrunching his face, and Calum smiles to himself when Luke smiles in his sleep. There are 19 minutes left and Calum hurries outside to add the finishing touches to his surprise, thankful that it is not raining. The dark-haired lad rushes around, making sure everything is set to perfection. The two of them have rented a beach house in Malibu and Calum intends to make the most of it. Glancing at his phone, Calum walks to the bedroom, through the sliding doors, after taking a last, quick look around. He scoops Luke into his arms and walks back outside, glad that Luke is a heavy-sleeper. Gently, he lays the younger lad onto the outdoor canopy bed. He then raises a hand and strokes Luke's cheek a few times, smiling when Luke's eyes flutter.

"How did I get here?" Luke asks when he opens his eyes and notices that he is outside.

"Shhh," Calum grins at his phone for a few seconds before turning to Luke. "Happy Birthday." Calum moves closer and presses his lips to Luke's.

"You did all this?" Luke asks when they pull away; a couple of candles were set on the end tables by the bed and lounge chairs. White rose petals and tiny candles were floating in the pool. To complete it all, a few candles were set around the round canopy bed.

"Yeah... that's not all. I'll be right back." Calum gets up and walks back inside.

Luke grabs a handful of the white rose petals that were scattered on the bed and bites the pierced side of his lower lip, a half smile playing on there. He shivers when the sheet, which is wrapped around him, slips off his shoulder and the cool night breeze hits his bare shoulder.

"Happy Birthday, Luke," Calum again says as he walks toward the blonde, a cake in his hands.

A bright smile is plastered on Luke's face the moment Calum places the cake in front of him. It is a heart-shaped cake with five lit candles on top of it. The said cake is covered with white icing and its border decorated in velvet-red. In one of the upper corners, there are two little red jelly hearts and right under it, 'Happy Birthday Luke' is written in red. It is the perfect cake for a perfect birthday.

"Go on, blow the candles," Calum urges, smiling.

Luke closes his eyes, makes a wish and blows the candles, smiling all along. He moves closer to Calum and connects their lips. They stay this way, with their lips press against each other for a few seconds before pulling away. Luke looks at the cake and then at Calum; the older lad did not bring a knife to cut the cake. Smiling to himself when an idea pops into his head, the blonde dips his index in the red icing and slowly rubs it over Calum's lips and down his chin. Biting his lips, Luke again leans closer and licks Calum's chin, pulling away slightly and swallowing the icing. He then proceeds to lick the icing off the brunette's lips. Calum closes his eyes and breaths through his nose as Luke keeps going.

Parting his lips, Calum takes Luke's tongue into his mouth, taking him by surprise, and sucks on it. The dark-haired lad's tongue rubs against Luke's; he can taste the icing on there, sweet with a little hint of cherry. As their tongues play together, Calum presses a hand against Luke's naked chest and trails it upward, along the side of his neck, to curl his fingers at the nape of Luke's neck. Luke, in turn, wraps an arm around Calum's waist, his hand moving up and down. They pull away and stare hungrily into each other's eyes, wanting more. Luke reaches for the hem of Calum's white shirt and peels it off his body, tossing it to the floor, away from the candles. The moment their mouths meet again, Luke wraps his arms around Calum and tips them backward so that he is on his back, with Calum on top of him.