Going "Home"

Leaving Aubri, Nicoli and Anthony was hard, especially because Aubri still hadn't woken up. I was starting to wonder if she ever would. Nicoli cried for almost 9 hours straight when he realized something was wrong with his mom. Since then he'd been absolutely silent and clutched on to me like a tiny monkey. I made Anthony promise on his life and the life of his future children that he would take care of my sister and nephew no matter what. The determination and love in his eyes was the only thing that assured me they would be fine. He packed me a five day survival bag and gave me a manila folder filled to the top with cash, ids, passports and a small communication device I was to implant under my skin before I reached my father's lands. I admit that I gave him a rough time with this.

  "Your kidding me right?" I laughed skeptically pinching the rice sized communication device. Anthony stopped unloading the car to stare at me in confusion.

  "What's wrong with it? It's a top of the line mic and recording device with a built in detonation spark," He asked with a defensive tone. My pale skin grew a few shades lighter and I couldn't help the distress in my voice.

  "Detonation?!?! Are you fucking kidding me? So what, you can blow me up for setting your yacht on fire? I don't think so you stu-"

  "That was you?!" He asked incredulously and effectively cutting me off. My eyes widened as I realized that I'd snitched on myself. The sudden predicament I found myself in caused my brain to go into over drive trying to come up with a cover story. After a few seconds under his intense glare I gave up.

  "Look, it was a long time ago and Aubri wanted to train. It was mostly an accident, You have to admit that shit was ugly anyways," I rushed out all while stepping away from him. His brows furrowed and darkened his eyes. Just as he opened his mouth the door leading into Anthony's "Top Secret" lair opened. Out stepped someone who made a blush erupt across my face. He was hot. Not Roman's sexy mafia prince hot, but Knight in shining armor with some really blonde hair. Like sunshine and yellow brick road blonde. It went well with his lightly tanned skin and brilliantly bright hazel eyes. He looked past Anthony to gaze at me curiously. Anthony turned around and pushed him back from where he came, before slamming the door shut again and turning back to me. I frowned and stared at Anthony curiously.

  "How very rude of you," I commented mockingly. He rolled his eyes before pulling me into a semi awkward hug. With a little shove I was on my own. Leaving the A/C filled bunker to a humid and dark desert was like a kick to my senses. My eyes sharpened and allowed me to see every thing as if it were daytime. 

  Walking wasn't bad despite the fact that I couldn't open my mouth without getting a mouthful of gritty sand. I'd only been walking for a few hours before I heard rumbling coming up from behind me. Swiftly covering my tracks and ducking down behind a tall sand dune I pulled out the standard issue government gun Anthony had given me for safety. Rumbling across the desert floor an all terrain vehicle stirred up the silent night. It rolled to a slow stop past the dune I was hidden behind and a curse was heard. It was clearly male but I had never heard it before. Loading the chamber I prepared for anything. 

"He's an idiot for letting her go out here. Freaky deaky old soul chick or not," he grumbled. I scrunched my eyebrows up and contained my growl. Stepping out from behind the dune landed me behind the man with my gun positioned for a fatal shot. 

 "Dangerously armed and  freaky deaky at that," I piped up causing him to spin on his heel with an expression of pure shock on his handsome face. It probably mirrored my own as I recognized him from Anthony's bunker. 

  His ever shifting hazel green eyes stared at the gun with unwavering eyes as I stayed cautious. 

"Why's my uncle being so secretive and why did he send you out here? Alone at that." he asked without removing his eyes from the gun I held. Uncle? Hmm so I meet the source of Anthony's instant experience with Nic came from. He told me he had a sister and brother but not that he had a nephew. I roamed my eyes across his body curiously. He was built like a dedicated athlete and very tall. Maybe 6'3". His blonde hair was brilliant even in the darkness of the desert. Tendrils of that blonde blonde hair hung in his curious hazel eyes. Deeming him an ally, I lowered my gun and holstered it. 

Mafia PrincessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara