Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Recap:

~"Hey, did you make it?"I asked quietly.I was relieved when I was confirmed and we hung up without a single word after.I walked to my bed, the second I lied my head on the pillow my eyes shut and I was dreaming of pancakes,whipped cream , and strawberries.~

I was woken by the smell of pancakes and fresh strawberries wafting under my door and taunting me while I slept off all the extra stress.I sighed and tossed my covers off of my body.I layed there for a long minute before swinging my feet over the bed.I tiredly shuffled over to my huge stereo system and grabbed a Bullet For My Valentine cd and pushed it into the stereo.I changed to the song that reminded me of my life. Your Betrayal. I turned it all the way up and began picking out my clothes. Feeling a bit depressed I picked out all black.I decided to choose a black off the shoulder silk shirt that said Betrayal in red bloody looking letters.I had it custom made for this song.I never thought I'd have to wear it. I decided on black ripped shorts and black ankle doots with a single gold chain on both sides.After getting my stuff together I went to take a shower. While in the shower I heard banging on my door by one of my brother's telling me to turn the music down.I continued to take my shower slowly. When I got out I lotioned and then got dressed.I brushed my teeth and decided to leave my slightly curling jet black hair alone. Putting on some clear lip gloss i grabbed my black aviator shades turned the music off and went down stairs as I was stuffing my silver dragon gun into my shorts behind my back. When I got into the kitchen the smell of food still lingered. The kitchen was sort of modern but my mom insited on having it remodled to resemble the spanish house she grew up in Spain. I hugged her and Alex who was closest.My other brother's were eating their food like it was the last thing on earth. I saw that there was fluffy pancakes and eggs and bacon.There was whipped cream and a strawberry ontop of the pancakes just the way I liked it. The table was a long rectangle and my dad sat at the head. My brothers sat to his right oldest to youngest. I sat at the end next to my mom on her left.The other side of the table was filled with guards and workers all the same.I ate the food my mom placed in front of me silently. The only thing you really heard was the sound of silverware hiting china plates. When I finished I excused myself and stood up.I put my shades on and was about to leave the room when my dad called me back.

"Mia, the DeLuca's are coming over tonight and I'd like you to be here when they come over. Dress nice as well,"my dad told me as he sipped his orange juice.I frowned and left without a word.I had almost forgot my phone so I ran up stairs to grab my phone. I heard a noise behind my closed door so I was instantly suspicious. Reached behind my back I grabbed my gun. I took it off safety and had it at ready.I slowly and quietly opened the door. There stood a guy wearing something similar to black ops.He was looking through my drawers for something and he looked like he hadn't found it yet.I had my gun pointed at his bobbing head before clearing my throat.My heart was beating at an angry beat and adreniline was pumping through my veins when he turned around.The only thing his mask didn't cover were his bright hazel eyes. They reminded me of crushed hazelnuts. I scowled at him. His eyes travelled from my face to gun then to my neck. By the small gleam in his eyes he was looking at my necklace that my dad had given me. I frowned. He looked as if he'd just won the friggin lottery. Without warning he lunged at me and I squeezed the trigger. The gunshot rang off my walls and there was thump before I opened my eyes. It wouldn't take long for my family to rush up the stairs. I frowned deeply. My heart was beating like crazy. This had never happened to me. I had never been afraid to kill someone but this time I had closed my eyes. I rushed over to where the bleeding man lay. He was still alive but barely.

"What were you here for?" I demanded.

"The Moonstone of Carnisca,"He whispered quietly. He was useful to me I couldn't let him die. I grimaced and pushed my hands onto his bleeding stomache applying pressure. He groaned in pain.