CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

Maybe question are relevant to answer my problems. It doesn’t just bring me the information I need but it would also kill time. I need opinions from anyone. It may still be possible to change my life. I’m not sure if it will work but I have to try at least.

That is what was on my mind when I woke up. Bacon and eggs were served on the table. I talked to mom about what could get me excited. She answered me with a question. “Why?” She asked.

“I dunno. Just asking.” I said, playing with the yellow part of the egg.

“It’s you who knows the answer most.” She replied. I didn’t get much from asking her. I asked myself the same question… And guess what! I didn’t get anything too. Bacon and eggs were the first few things that entered my mind, and I’m certain that it won’t get me anywhere near excited.

Afterward, I walked to school and stared at strangers, just like yesterday. I tried to communicate with them by telepathic means, trying to question them. That was the weirdest thing I did. I felt nuts for doing that. Of course, I didn’t get an answer because I was talking to my own odd brain. I was walking on the sidewalk, not minding anything that was on my way when somebody, from inside the parked car beside me, suddenly opened the door. I didn’t crash into it since my reflexes were awesome. The girl I met behind the school yesterday went out of the door. She kinda reminded me of the girl in my rabbit dream.

“How unbelievable. It’s her again.” I muttered.

She came out with a beautiful smile on her face but her hair blocked most of the view. She glanced at me for a moment, took her bag from the car, and closed the door before she looked at me completely. I stared at her blankly, waiting for her to say sorry. Instead, she greeted me with her gentle voice, “Hey! It’s you again.”

I really thought she sounded cute but that didn’t mean that she was already excused from saying sorry. Well, everything about her was cute but I wasn’t the type of guy who would immediately fall in love at first sight. I never believed in that term. I may have adored many girls but it was just the liking the appearance sort of thing. It didn’t change the way I treated them. “I almost got hit by the door.” I implied.

“Sorry about that. I’ll be careful from now on.” She replied. I expected her to say something like, but you didn’t. Most girls responded to me like that but I guess she was different.

“Good. I’ll get going now.” I said and made my way.

“Wait! Don’t you want to meet my dad?” She asked.  I Glanced inside the car. Her father was there and he looked rather angry. I turned away immediately. I wasn’t sure if I was only shy or scared. “Greet him.”

I leaned to the car and said, “Goodmorning sir!” Why did I greet him anyway? As if I was a close friend of his daughter.

He nodded as a greeting, but he was still looking at me intensely.

“We’ll be off now dad. Take care!” She told her father, waving her hand.

“You too! Goodluck with school.” He replied. Before I moved, her dad looked at me. “I’ll keep an eye on you. You’re dead if anything happens to my daughter.” He said, trying to threaten me. She didn’t hear what her father said.

What the heck...? I wanted to stay away from this girl, but now I have to guard her. It wasn’t my duty. I didn’t find it exciting, guarding someone I didn’t even know, and I wouldn’t even get paid for it. This person talked a lot too. She told me many things that were likewise random.