trois

- 03, °BLAIRE & BRUISES °

Luke

No one, not even Calum can know about this letter. I stuff it quickly in my pocket and brace myself to go inside my own home. Kasidy really pissed me off but she's right. I wish I could stop, but it feels like the only thing I'm doing right. I'm an angry rich kid who hates the world, the system is so unfair. Out of all people, I end up with an abusive father and a mother who only sees me as a pregnancy mistake. I know there is worst out in the world but I'm dealing with this problem.

I unlock the house door and the aroma of booze hits my nose strongly. I should be use to this smell but it ridiculous. Instead of this smell, I wish I was welcomed with a hug, but that won't happen anytime soon. I don't even have friends to get away with except for one who has plenty of his own friends.

"Liz I'm home!", I say and jog upstairs quickly. The only perks about my life is that my family is rich, but the money went to there head. All my mom buys is mainly booze and she goes shopping once in a while. She doesn't really talk either, my dad does that for her. Instead of words, he uses his fist. My dad is a respected CEO in the community for the oils he helps produce, but at home I know who he really is and what he's capable of. I even know what he's done. He beats me to the pulp sometimes to keep me quiet.

I throw myself on my bed and stare up at the ceiling. I get bored quickly and go on the balcony to get a view. It's pretty nice actually. The city with its skyscrapers and the sky producing such a blend of colors to please the eyes. Then there's the fall. Luckily, I wasn't blessed with vertigo which makes it easier to look down. I wonder what it feels like to fall. What do you think about in those few seconds before your body collides with the ground. It's your only limited amount of seconds before death catches you.

"LUKE!", I hear that manly voice say loudly and I turn my head away from the balcony and head downstairs. I hope today I'm not hurt so badly to the point where I need to borrow my moms makeup again. I slowly go down the stairs and there waiting by the door with his expensive suit on, is my dick of a dad. He taps his foot and has this stern look upon his face. I look into the living room and my mom is facing the opposite way watching tv. I don't even think she's knows about dad hurting me. She probably doesn't care since I'm a mistake anyways.

"Boy! Continue to keep that mouth shut about where I've been ok ?", he whispers and yanks my shirt by the collar, giving me a glare at him.

"You can't keep this from mom forever", I say and his fist connects with my stomach. I gasp and hold on tight to the area. I can't even make a sound from my mouth. He pushes me down and my back hits the edge of the stairs. Dad steps over me and walks over to mom. I hear him giving her a kiss while tears are silently sliding down my face. I lay there for a few more minutes and crawl up the stairs. I use my door frame to stand up.

I go inside my room and enter the bathroom. Lifting my shirt up, I see a another bruise forming against my pale skin and I sigh. I don't even want to see my back right now. I shower quickly and put on some clothes. Grabbing my keys, I get my used rope from my walk in closet and tie it on the balcony. I pull it tightly to make sure I don't fall and finally slide down it.

Once my feet hits the ground, I run to my Jaguar that dickhead gave me and put the key in the ignition. I wait for the gates to open and drive off to one place that comforts me the most. I don't really see kids from school there which is even better. It takes about ten minutes to reach the place and I get out the car. Entering the door, the little bell rings and I take a deep breath. I love this place. There's a few people at the round tables.

"Luke, my baby, you're here again!", Aunt Ebony says when she spots me and I smile at her through my pain. She's not my actual Aunt but I think of more as a mom. She's so sweet and smells like fresh cookies, plus her hair is so kinky and soft. I actually care about this lady. She owns the cinnamon shop i'm standing in, but everything in here is baked southern style. I sit at a stool at the counter she's standing behind and she gives me her beautiful smile. "Little Luke, are you feeling ok ?" " As always Aunt Ebony, just some issues at home", I scratch the back of my neck and she stares at me. "I believe you Luke, but if you need to talk about anything, you better tell me. Now I'll go make your usual", she rubs my hair before leaving to the kitchen and I holler a thank you.

The bell of the door rings and I play with my fingers, just wondering and thinking. I close my eyes to what I can't imagine. What if I didn't have all the money I had now ? Where would I be ? Would I still be in the same abusive issue ? I'll probably never know. From the corner of my eye, someone sits a seat down from me and I can't help but turn my head.

It's a girl with neck length mint green hair pushed back by a navy headband. She had on black square glasses and a book was placed between her thin and frail fingers. She bit her lip nervously as she felt my stare and I coughed, looking away. "I know you were looking at me.... No one really does so it's surprising that you do", she now pulls her navy blue sweater tighter around her thin frame and I make a face. "I wonder why people wouldn't. Your definitely not invisible with that mint colored hair", I mumble and she finally looks at me. She's pale and has these blue eyes that seem wide behind her glasses. "I love my hair just the way it is and it makes me somewhat secure Luke", she spats then covers her mouth with her book. "Oops", she mumbles and I stare at her.

"How do you know my name ? I've never seen you before have I ?". "As I said, I'm invisible to people. I saw you at the penthouse party, plus we go to the same school. You're the bully people talk about", she whispers and I look away. "Wait, your rich ?", I turn back towards her and she nods her head. "Surprise surprise bitch", she rolls her eyes and I smile a little. I like her sassy attitude. Aunt Ebony puts a plate of fresh cinnamon rolls and coffee in front of me and I thank her. She winks at me before asking what mint head wants. She orders coffee and French toast sticks. I sip on my coffee until Ebony leaves.

"So you know my name... Can I know yours ?", I ask and mint looks at me. Her blue eyes twinkle and she gives me a smile that could compete with Ebony's.

"Blaire Preston"