quatre

- 04, ° WELCOME TO THE PRESTON'S PARADISE  °

Blaire

I get home and close the door behind me. Did I really just have a conversation with the school's bully ? It honestly didn't seem like it could be him. I've never seen him in action anyways. Placing my keys on back of the front door, I hear Diamond, my baby Maltese running towards me and I swoop him up. "My mom didn't feed you huh cutie ?", I say to him and head into the kitchen and towards the cabinets. I fetch one bone treat out the box and Diamond starts wagging his fluffy tail. "What a handsome dog you are!", I give him the treat and he happily eats it.

"Blaire, are you talking to that dog again ?", my mom shouts and I roll my eyes. "No mom what makes you say that", I yell and pat Diamond one more time before going through this mansion to find my mom. I enter the library room and there she is, reading a guide on how to grow petunias and smoking a cigarette. "Please stop talking to the dog, it's bad for your health honey". I scoff and stare at the cigarette in her hand. "Brennan smokes cannibis and you don't tell him it's not good for his health", I fold my arms and she puffs out a ring. "He's of age Blaire". "Then why is he still living with us ?", I ask and the doofus himself coughs behind me.

"Because I can smart ass", my brother Brennan spits out and fixes his tie. Ha! As if he has anywhere important to go.
He's such a suck up when moms around. "I rather be smart than a bum", I say to him and leave the library room, too much smoke in there anyways. Diamond follows me up the stairs and into my room. He climbs on top of my bed with me and I caress his soft fur. "I wish daddy was still here with us, then maybe this family wouldn't be as dysfunctional", I try not to tear up thinking of my dad. Life was great and all before my dad died and I wasn't as an invisible outcast in school at the time. I was happy and I had friends!

Only those friends were fakes and a bunch of users. My father passed away from cancer and now I'm stuck with no friends, my mom, brother and Diamond of course. Life is so upsetting at times and hard to accept what it does to us. Once this senior year is over, I'll leave and won't even look back once to say goodbye. Fuck everyone and the world that revolves around us all. A knock comes at my door and I shout come in.

"Somebody left a letter for you on the doorstep. Your lucky I didn't kick it aside and speed off in my car to do important things", Brennan throws the lavender envelope on my bed and closes me door.

"I'm Brennan and I'm such a crybaby blah blah blah", I mock and open the envelope. There's a letter inside and I unfold the paper. I read what it says and read it again and again.

"Diamond what does this mean ?", I look at him and it seems as if he shrugs at me. I laugh and put the letter under my pillow. No one can know about this letter. What a joke I am, who is there to tell ?

☆彡

oh my god nia updated what a surprise! school is happening now so I'll try to update as much as I can for you cute people

- nia