4-Scholar

Guys I'm so bloody sorry, it's taken me over a year to update and none of you deserve that. In all honesty, it's been busy for me - this year it's my GCSE, and as expected I had to dedicated my whole time to it. It determines my life. I've gotten my physics out of the way, now I've got to do everything else this upcoming year - so bear with me and please wish me luck. I'm so sorry though about this again, and I'll try to not keep you all - so loyal and so very beautiful; waiting. Thanks for having faith x

Emma by the Side

Zacahry's P.O.V

"Of course you don't want to meet her," Quincy told me understandably, taking a pencil furiously. "You're afraid Zachary - you're petrified of the simple idea that someone could love you and in loving you, possibly lead you astray from me, thus showing you a devotion that you'd thought impossible whilst you obsessed over me; and the idea isn't completely insane... it's just unfortunate." Quincy remarked that morning in Midway. Dawn had broken in, the sun hugging the oak room as the air was let in. Quincy sat on a brown stool, eyes devotedly tracing every muscle lining in my structure. "Do not look so tense, it is normal when meeting one's mate, you are wary of what is to come." Quincy spoke wisely, although he was anything but. His last experience of a mate had ended tragically and despite being inclined to save said mate along with his estranged mother, the rest of the world wasn't so taken with his idea. Including me.

I only just sat, shaking still. I had heard her that night Quincy had ventured out. Still I had not approached her. Not because I was afraid for her or myself - but for Quincy. The past weeks had zip-lined the relationship that Quincy Warmer (his maiden name since I petulantly refused to acknowledge that monster as Quincy's husband) and I had to something of platonic bed mates. Quincy needed someone beside him to comfort him from the ongoing nightmares, and I needed Quincy like a fish needed water. The deal was one made in hell for it could not be close to heaven for either side. I longed to have Quincy admit that he felt something other than thankfulness and respect, while Quincy simply saw me  as nothing more than a person shaped pillow. Still I cared; because Quincy's warmth was heaven sent to me and I upheld the comfort only I could grant Quincy.

Quincy needed me.

More than any human wench ever could - even if she were my Mate. As long as she kept away, as long as I resisted the temptation, I could keep the flame for Quincy Warmers alive.  Abandoning adopted Traditionalist urges, I crawled to my inborn Imperialist ones. If I could keep myself away, ignore the quake like I had done that night I had scented her - perhaps send someone to take care of her... then it would be alright.

I could do it like I had done that night. When I had held Quincy and sent someone else out to place her somewhere for the Mediums to find.

All since asking me to dismiss Quincy Warmers was identical to ordering a fire to not burn.

_______

Quincy's P.O.V

The morning sky opened up as the car carried through the thick evergreen forest. I peered up, smiling up at the azure space, before I inhaled and rested back into the leather seat. "I think he's going to kill me," I chuckled softly to Emma, who turned to me.

"Why your majesty?" She questioned me earnestly while the driver wound the windows up. Her bottle blonde hair was dreary with the uniform ink beta pantsuit that she wore. She'd scared her hairs away from her forehead, tied back firmly.

In answer to her question, this afternoon I had gone against everything that Zachary had warned me about. Specifically to not approach his mate, to go anywhere near her or bother her wherever she was.