prologue

I bolted my hotel room door behind me and stared at nothing in particular for a while. My thoughts ran wild on what just happened some minutes ago. Had I not broken free what could not have happened! I touched my lips, swollen and moist still. And my chest thumped like it was going to explode any moment. I gave in to my weak knees and faltered to the ground.
"get a hold of yourself get your shit together this will all sort out" I chanted profusely as I rocked myself. I took my time slowly getting up and straightened my messed up hair in the mirror. My face was flushed and I couldn't stop blushing. I took a deep breath and looked fiercely at my reflection.
"You are a 30 year old cat lady, mother to a beautiful two year old who needs a sensible- no, the best mom in the world!" I began reminding myself. "That- BOY! Just 20. My God. Just fucking 20!!" Then I began to panic. The guilty feeling made my insides crawl. I was going to give myself a big whoop and get my head straight but flashes of what happened earlier flooded my mind instantly- his face, his-God forbid-his lips... Oh No. OH NO. Just STOP Jeanine Low!

Before my stray thoughts could run loose I dialed the first number on the speed dial and after a few ring a sleepy voice picked up. "Miss Low? Wha- it's 2 AM here. Miss Low did something happen?" The sound of the voice seemed to calm me down a bit. I cleared my throat and assured the petrified nanny everything was fine, I just wanted to check up on Wes and that was that.
I missed my tiny family back home in California. Working as a makeup artist all the way here in London for the new fashion fall shoot was eating up my sanity and also his- no, I was not going to make that out to be more than it was. Yes, just a few seconds of careless fling. I freshened up in the washroom and prepared myself to face the almost-disaster that awaited.

A/N: hi. I'm new to writing and English is not my first language so please don't mind the poor writing. Corrections are more than welcome. I just had to get this story out. I love it in my head. I hope you do too. And you are always welcome to make covers for this story. Thanks for reading!