[2]

Almost three weeks into the fashion journey and we were all done with the photoshoot. There were just 3 days left until the big day and nobody starting from the designers to the technical persons hardly slept a wink in those 72 hours. This was what we were paid to do and we loved doing our jobs. On the final day the now empty set was going to be filled with celebrities, designers and socialites from everywhere in the world. The hair and make up team held regular meetings with the designers and photographers. Everything had to be perfect.

Mollie and I sat for lunch with some of the senior male models on board. All in their late 20s, all eyecandy. I had worked on some of the them during the start of my career and it felt good hanging out with familiar faces in the fashion world.

One of them, Landon, was Trance's close model buddy and also his roommate in the hotel. Trance naturally joined the crew when he seemed to spot Landon.

"Hello, Miss Low," he said when he saw me. I nodded in return.

"Man. It's so hard to have a proper conversation with anyone these days. Everyone's just so busy." He remarked to no one in particular at the table.

"Oh- oh. Time to move!" Mollie suddenly stood up and jolted me to do the same. I looked at my watch and there were only 5 minutes for the meeting to start.

I heard Trance cuss audibly under his breath and when I turned to him he flashed his smile at me and raised his hand as a gesture of bye. I gave him a mixture of confused and amused look in return and then a general see you later to all the others.

"Did you just see what Trance did?? Of course you did!" Mollie sounded really excited on the way.

"Yeah! Trust Trance to do something odd," I replied in agreement.

"Noo not that silly!" She slapped my back lightly. "Ugh. There's no time for this!" Then we entered a room full of make up artists and hair stylists and designers and the like.
**********

Each make up artist was assigned two models to work on. I got Landon and Marc. The show was in 4 hours. All the rehearsals were done early on in the morning and everything was perfect to a T. Now it up to us and the models to execute our work. I noticed Marc seemed tense. I asked if he was new and he said this was his only second major show and he didn't want to fuck up. I assured him I had worked with a lot of new models before and they did fantastic with a little more confidence. He was gifted look-wise, tall at 6'3. I figured he'd do great.

Landon was pretty chill but serious at his job. I worked on him last.

"So what's the deal between you and my T-Boy," Landon asked. T-Boy was his name for Trance. I did not hold back my astonishment at his question.

"Oh come on. You can see he's got the thing for you!" He finally broke the curious air. I let out my most defying laugh at his proposition, feeling my cheeks burn up. "He's just a boy, Landon. If at all, it's called a crush which he'll get over the moment he sees a sizzling female model," I reply, flattered all the same.

"My T-Boy is not just any boy. He's got a grandpa's soul." To that we both laughed in agreement.

When I was done I looked about to help the other artists. Just in time Mollie called me to finish the work on Trance. She had to deal with her other model's allergic reaction to a cream.

"Hello Miss Low" Trance greeted me with his usual bright smile. I smiled in return and proceeded to work on him immediately.

"Nervous?" I asked.

"Terrified," he replied.

"Why do I find that so hard to believe? Shows like this are so chill to you."

"I don't feel no chill," he replied. "Every show is different though they may look all the same. Every show a new experience and I'm always terrified, every time."

"You'll do great whether we tell you to nor not," I tell him.

I gave his look a final touch and decided it was all done. "Don't move about too much before the show. You don't want the makeup to feel sticky on you."

"Geez Miss Low. Don't I know that. You're always patronizing me."

"I can't help the mother in me," I smile at him. His face instantly turned into a mix of horror and disbelief and he started laughing.

"What is so funny?"

He finally calmed down. "Never say that again, Miss Low. Promise me. I'd just die next time you do."

I rolled my eyes. "Drama Queen." I dismissed all thoughts of what Landon had told me earlier.

*******

The show was a smooth success. The seats were filled with celebrities and Mollie and I gushed when we spotted Brandon Flowers from The Killers from the backstage screening TV. The models pulled off the ramp walk without a hitch. Marc did excellent. Trance, Landon and some other models shone in the crowd. The next big thing was the after-party. Mollie and I dressed up after making sure everything was cleaned up. She finished up earlier and I told her to go ahead as I wanted to check up on Wes.

"Alright. Alright. Mommy will see you tomorrow night, boo. I love you!" I said before I hung up. I looked at the clock and realised the party had been on for almost two hours now.

Just as I made my way through the backstage hallway I spotted a tipsy person leaning on the wall.

"Well well what do we have here," I said as I helped him straighten up. When Trance realised it was me he let out a sudden chuckle and did the most unexpected thing. He placed a soft kiss on my bare neck. My whole body instantly felt electrified. Immediately I pushed him away but still gripping onto his shirt so he won't fall on his back. He realised what he had just done and proceeded to mumble slurred apologies. He tried to stand straight on his own. I pushed aside what happened seconds ago and led him to the lounge room nearby.

"That should do it. Rest here while I send someone to take you to your room," I tell him after he lied stretched on the armchair.

"God. I'm so sorry about earlier. Miss Low. I feel awful coming at you like that. I would never do that to you in my right mind." He pleaded. That stung a bit but I dismissed all thoughts of it and told him it was nothing. Tomorrow I'll be home and this will all be left far behind.

"I just got offered a movie role," he said just as I opened the door. I stopped and turned to him.

"Oh my God. You are kidding me!" I was so happy for him.

He grinned unable to hide his excitement. "It hit me hard. I thought I'd calm the nerves with a drink or two but I ended up with about a bottle or two."

"Well, congratulations! It's the best thing that could happen out of this show. I'd need your autograph soon."

I gave him one last smile and turned to leave. His face just as I did that- longing and lonely. I was probably imagining things.

*******

A/N: hi again. If I have you readers confused, let me just tell you the prologue hasn't happened yet according to the storyline so far. And I'll let you go all grammar Nazi and plothole inspector on my story. I do want to improve it :) Thanks for reading!