Chapter Ten

"I'm going to go to the park and find Rebecca and Laney. We're going to go to lunch together." Angela said kissing Jake. He smiled down at her.

"Have fun my love. I'm going to try to talk to Lane." Angela nodded.

"I'm worried about him. I've never seen him this depressed." Jake kissed her forehead.

"Try not worry. Just go and have fun."

"I wish you could come but I don't want to leave him here alone and everyone else is gone on vacation."

"It'll be a girls day." Jake said. Angela kissed him goodbye and then walked out to her old Chevy truck and drove away. She was pulling into town when she saw Lane's camaro parked in front of the family motel. She pulled in next to it deciding that she needed to talk to Joey.

She walked up to the door of room fourteen since that's where the Camaro was parked and was about to knock when she heard Joey's raised voice coming from behind the closed door.

"What else do you want from me!" she demanded. "I've done everything you asked."

"Yes you have, little slayer."

"You told me yesterday when you first blackmailed me that if I helped you then Kayleb and Kaylee would be safe..."

"And they are. They are gone with their mother and father. We have no idea where to even find them." the man said and Angela could hear amusement in his voice.

"You tricked me you son of a bitch! I swear to you that I'll drive a silver stake through your heart myself!"

"Calm down, little slayer. You don't stand a chance against me. I will have my revenge against Jake and Lane for killing my father. I am going to kill you now and make it look like a suicide. That should finish Lane off. He'll be so depressed that killing him will be easy."

"You and your brother need some serious help if you think that you can defeat Lane. Especially when he has Jake guarding his back." Joey said.

"Jake will be in no shape to fight with us. Not when I have his daughter and his mother trapped in a cage thanks to you."

"You gave me my word you wouldn't harm Laney." Joey said desperation in her voice.

"I won't hurt the baby or their mother. Once I have Lane and Jake's lifeless bodies at my feet they will be free to go. I am not a mindless murderer like your mate and his brother."

Angela had heard enough. Clearly this man was using Joey to get some kind of revenge. And he had her daughter trapped in a cage. Angela was suddenly thankful that Jake had become so paranoid after his and Angela's run ins with crazy asses. He never allowed her to leave the house unarmed. She had a silver knife strapped to each ankle and a .44 caliber revolver in her purse full of silver bullets.

She pulled the revolver from her purse and took a deep breath before kicking the door hard. The door flew open and Angela quickly aimed the gun at the big man in the corner. She cocked the gun and pulled the trigger. A bullet slammed into his chest. He screamed in pain and lunged at her. She sidestepped out of the way and pulled the trigger three more times sending three more bullets into his back.

Still he came for her. Angela wished that she had had the melted silver capsules like Tyler had used on Jake but instead she just had plain silver bullets and they were not weakening him fast enough. She ducked just in time for his arms to miss her and she shoved him hard... He lost his balance and fell to the floor. She emptied the remaining bullets into his back and then threw the gun aside and pulled both her knives.

He stood, though he was weaving now and covered in blood.

"You stupid bitch. Jake will really lose his mind when I capture you and throw you in the same cage as his daughter." Angela glanced over and saw Joey on the bed. Her hands and ankles were tied and she was watching the scene helplessly. Angela looked back at the big man.