Chapter Sixteen

"I trust you found him and that is what has brought you back?" Victor asked as he and Frances yet again sat across from each other in his office.

"Yes I found him." Frances replied.

"Good. Where, may I ask, has my son been staying? Where can I send my men to get him?"

'First give me my daughter back." Frances replied coldly and Victor shook his head.

"No. She will remain my prisoner until I have my son. Where is my son?"

"Do you know Charles and Jake Collins?" Francis asked. His loyalty to them was gone after Kayleb's attack on him and even if he had still felt loyalty he would betray them anyway to save his daughter.

"Yes I know those dogs. They've been wiping out immortals for years simply because the two of them are soft and weak and have a fondness for mortals."

"I do not think Jake Collins is what I would call weak but Damien is staying with them. From what I could hear of Damien's conversation with his mother he is mated to Jake's niece, Kaylee." Victor smiled and ran his long nails over the wooden arm of his chair.

"Tell me everything you know of this family." he said. He would make his son pay and he would use the family his son was so fond of to do it.

888

"I'm going to go check on my mother. After the rough day she had yesterday I want to make sure she's okay." Damien said the next morning as he and Kaylee lay wrapped in each others arms. It was Sunday and Kaylee had allowed herself to stay in the bed past her usual seven a.m. wake up time.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Kaylee asked as she traced the muscles of his arm with her fingertips.

"No." Damien said and he grabbed her hand and kissed her palm. "You spend time with your family. I will not be gone long."

"I love you." Kaylee said as Damien got out of the bed and pulled on a clean outfit that he had gotten from his beach house in the middle of the night.

"I love you too." Damien replied as he did up the buttons on his shirt. He bent and kissed her nose before pulling away and vanishing.

Kaylee stretched out her deliciously sore muscles and rose from the bed. She pulled on a pair of gray pajama pants and a black tank top and then walked downstairs to the kitchen.

She smiled when she walked in and saw her mom helping Gwen eat her eggs and toast. Hunter immediately stood and pulled a chair out for her. He was always the perfect gentleman and did this for any woman who came into the kitchen while he was there, if she didn't have her mate with her to do it for her.

"Thank you, Hunter." Kaylee said as she sat down.

"You're welcome, ma'am." Hunter replied with a wink as he sat back down. He knew what Raquel's reaction would be to hearing him say ma'am.

"Oh, Hunter, I love you. Let's say we forget about Evan and Laney and we run away together." Raquel said breathlessly.

"I would, Raquel, but the truth is I'm scared of your niece." Hunter replied with false sadness. Laney came bouncing into the kitchen and threw her arms around his neck from behind.

"You better be scared of me you evil, cowboy, vampire. My daddy would whoop you." she said just before pressing a kiss to his ear.

"Yes ma'am." Hunter replied with a smile as he reached his arm back and pulled her around him so she could sit in his lap. Laney looked over at Raquel.

"Quit trying to steal my man." she said and then she looked over at Rebecca who was busy at the stove.

"Grandma, please tell me those are cinnamon rolls I smell baking." she said and Hunter pretended to wipe drool from her lip, earning his hand a slap. Rebecca laughed as she nodded.