Jack's Investment

"Jack? Promise you won't laugh?" a quiet voice called through the bathroom door.

"Davey, would I laugh at you? Now hurry up and stop primping, I'm sure you look great. C'mon, I can afford reservations approximately never, let's not be late," Jack said, buttoning up his shirt and sitting on the edge of their bed.

"Okay, but remember, you promised." The door clicked and swung open slowly, and Davey stepped out wearing-
Jack blinked twice. Davey was wearing a... Dress?

Yes, yes he was. David Jacobs was standing in front of him in a simple black and white dinner dress, looking down at the floor with his hair trying (and failing) to hide flushed cheeks.

He looked fantastic. The dress clung to his slim waist and made his legs seem longer than usual. The black contrasted sharply with his fair skin, and dammit all to hell, Jack found it incredibly attractive.

Jack made a strangled noise, and then cleared his throat. "You can't wear that," he managed through a tight throat.

Davey's head snapped up to glare at him face to face. "Why, because it's not conventionally 'masculine?' Last I checked, clothes didn't have genitals, so they aren't "for girls" or "for boys", and Jack, I thought you would-"
Davey's speech was cut off by Jack moving off the bed and kissing him, pushing him back against the bathroom door.

"No, you can't wear that because," Jack began breathlessly, "All night, all I'm gonna think about is that dress-" He broke off and pressed a reverent kiss to the strap of the dress. "-hitting the floor while I kiss you until neither of us can breathe. God damn it Davey, you're so-" Jack kissed him again, unable to find a word.

Davey smiled and laughed when Jack pulled back slightly, looking him up and down. "O-oh. Well... Thanks for understanding."

"When did you get this?"

Davey's smile turned a little mischievous. "Katherine took me shopping."

"I am going to buy you so many more dresses," Jack decided, "Or skirts or... Or whatever the hell you want."

Davey blushed and smiled, taking Jack's hand in his own and pulling him to the door. "Thanks. Now come on, you didn't want to be late for the reservations."

"Screw the restaurant, I want you in my bed now. It should be a damn crime to look that cute."

Davey only squeezed Jack's hand, giving him a grateful look before cautiously stepping out of the apartment.

They couldn't afford too many reservations at fancy restaurants after that night, as Jack starting devoting a good portion of his paycheck to Davey's new wardrobe choices.

And, every time Davey protested that Jack shouldn't spend so much on him, Jack would kiss him senseless and shove him into the changing room.

In Jack's own words every time:
Best. Damn. Investment. Ever.

A/N: I had this as a dream so I wrote a thing. No idea what this is. If someone wants to draw this (Jack in his nice button up and Davey in his dress) you can submit it to me on tumblr or let me know in private messaging and I'll tell you how to reach me. Thanks! Have a lovely day!!