Our Basketball (Kuroko Tetsuya)

A/N: You joined the basketball team the next day after Kiyoshi Teppei's return.

*...* - you're having a dialog in your head.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"It's good to see you again, (Name)-san."

"Eh?! K-Kuroko-kun?!"

"W-wait a minute, you guys KNOW each other?!"

Screams from the gym can definitely be heard all the way to the gates of Seirin. Yeah, so maybe the phrase What a small world! is true, but that is definitely an understatement in this case. For now you are kind of freaked out.

You've been Kuroko Tetsuya's schoolmate all the way from elementary school. You know each other and can consider each other as friends, and both of you don't mind the presence of each other. And in some circumstances , you consider one another as confidants. Of course, both of you don't want other people to know that part, knowing that a certain red-head is kind of possessive to everything that he considers as his .

"Hai, (Name)-san is my assistant coach back in Teiko." Kuroko simply explained, still masking his feeling of happiness with his usual poker face.

"REALLY? So you're that good (Name)-san! Good thing you attended Seirin and decided to join our basketball team as our assistant coach for you will be of great help to us." Riko Aida, Seirin's basketball coach, happily said.

You're still surprised. Not that knowing the chance of seeing Kuroko again is somewhat impossible (considering that he is most of the time unnoticeable), it's just that you're surprised that he indeed came back to play basketball after what happened almost a year ago. 

*So when I thought that I somehow saw him play against Shutoku back in Interhigh...* Well, maybe his resolve to defeat the Generation of Miracles with his basketball is that strong for him to play again, which is a good thing.

"Yeah, it's a pleasure that I'll be of an assistance to you guys." You replied shyly.

"No, it's our pleasure that you decided to attend here! It's an honor that Kiseki's[1] assistant coach is here to help us!" Hyuuga Junpei, Seirin's captain, happily exclaimed.

The rest of Seirin's basketball team agreed with their captain. Just by looking at their facial expression and their utmost gratitude that another strong member (although you're their assistant coach, they still consider you as a member of the team) was added to the team made you remembered your first two years with the Generation of Miracles back at Teiko; that great sense of teamwork is highly visible in each and everyone of them. With the team's warm welcome you had forgotten your sudden reunion with Kuroko and proceeded with practice that afternoon.

~ After practice ~

Kuroko decided to walk you home, since both of you go on the same way. Although none of you are talking, the silence is not that awkward. In fact, it gives you a sense of peace.

"It's been months since we walk on the same way home, (Name)-san." Kuroko said.

"Yeah. I haven't seen you or heard from you after you had quit the team last year." You replied.

"What made you decide to join the basketball team again (Name)-san? I heard that you also quit the team after what happened." Kuroko suddenly asked, making you stop on your tracks.

You then looked at Kuroko with a sad smile. "I saw you play with the rest of the team when you play against Shutoku last Interhigh. Right then and there, I've decided to join and help you guys in the upcoming Winter Cup. It reminded me of what we were like back then."

Kuroko looked at you with sad eyes, although he still keeps his poker face. He gently wiped a tear on your eyes, making your realized that you've been crying. He pulled you in a comforting hug, and as you gaze back at him, you're seeing a rare smile that you've never seen him wear in his usual poker face. It made your heartbeat faster as butterflies suddenly flutter in your stomach.

He gives you a kiss on your forehead as his grip on your tighten. "I know you regret what happened back then. But the past is in the past. Let's just do our best and defeat them with everything that we've got." He then looks at you lovingly. "With you on our side, on my side, I know we will definitely defeat them."

With a small blush, you hugged him back and rest your head on his shoulders. "Thank you for always staying on my side. I thought you've left me after quitting the team last year."

"I'm sorry that I left you alone. But I'm here now."

You smiled back at him as you gave him a peck on the cheeks. "What matters is you're here now. And we will play basketball together with the team, Kuroko-kun."

"It's Tetsuya."

With a slight pink tint on his cheeks, Kuroko gave you a chaste kiss on the lips. "Call me Tetsuya."

Returning the kiss, you replied. "Hai, Tetsuya-kun. Let's show them that this is your basketball."

"Iie, our basketball."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[1]: For short of Kiseki no Sedai, which translates as Generation of Miracles. (for those who are not aware of the Japanese translation.) 

So here's my first ever one-shot and my first post after 15 years of not writing And I'm sorry if one-shot is kinda off, and Kuroko is kind of OOC But yeah, I hope you guys liked it

*~*

Image credit (c) Volume 30 cover of Kuroko no Basuke by Fujimaki Tadatoshi
Kuroko no Basuke and Kuroko Tetsuya (c) Fujimaki Tadatoshi
Plotline (c) me
You (c) Kuroko Tetsuya