Two Could Play at That Game (Akashi Seijuro; Kuroko Tetsuya)

Akashi Seijūrō x reader x Kuroko Tetsuya

A/N: *...* - internal dialogues

*~*~*~*~*~*

*Why did this ever happen..? I failed them as their assistant coach. I failed the team.*

You thought as you witnessed the awakening of Akashi Seijūrō's Emperor Eye .

And no one have heard anything from you after Kuroko Tetsuya, Kiseki no Sedai's Phantom 6th Man, left the team.

But never did you blame anything that had happened to anyone, especially not to the red-headed captain.

~*~

It's been two years after Seirin defeated Rakuzan in the Winter Cup. Your school experienced defeat for the first time, but you couldn't be any happier; the defeat made Akashi Seijūrō reverts back to his usual self.

Although everything was back to normal, Kuroko still can't seem to remove the feeling of irritation whenever he sees you with Akashi. It irks him the most knowing that you're far away from him especially that you're attending at Rakuzan with the Red Emperor in Kyoto. Oh how he could wish that you've just stayed in Tokyo where he could reach you.

He understood perfectly that you've transferred due to your family's business, but he still can't seem accept it. You could have attended other schools, even considering Yosen in Akita as one of the choices, so why Rakuzan?

"Sorry Kuro-chan. I know I haven't been in touch with you that much." You apologized.

"I know. You being part of the council and your studies should be managed first." Kuroko sighed, his sad voice quite evident.

"Yeah, I'm s--"

"(Name), let's go. The council's having a meeting and we have to be there before anyone else."

"Sorry, Kuro-chan. Sei-kun's calling me for a council meeting". You said as you walked towards the red-head.

"Oh, okay then." He didn't give you enough time to respond as he hung up.

"Who are you talking to (Name)?" Akashi asked after you've matched your pace with him.

"It's just Kuro-chan. He's just checking up on us, since we haven't got the time to catch up with him and the others." You explained as the worry and confusion that you felt when Kuroko hung up suddenly forgotten.

"You're right. And we haven't got the chance to give them the news, right? If time permits, we'll do that. Are you excited, (Name)?" He asked as he gave you a loving smile.

"Yes, very excited." You said with a smile, as both your hands intertwined while walking in the one of the hallways of Rakuzan.

~*~

Unbeknownst to you, and though he is not showing it for he doesn't like you to worry too much for him, Kuroko loves and adores you even more than Aomine's love to basketball. And knowing that his previous captain in middle school now has all the luxury to be with you makes his blood boil.

It is very out of character of him, but he couldn't help it especially if it's about you. Though he extremely wished for you to return his love, he didn't press the issue in fear of ruining your friendship.

Oh how he regretted it that he didn't confess to you before. Maybe it will be different now if he just took his chance.

And he doesn't like how he's feeling about the meeting with you and the rest of the Kiseki no Sedai.