Actions Speak Louder than Words (Kiyoshi Teppei)

Kiyoshi Teppei x Mute!Reader

A/N: The plot took place when Kiyoshi Teppei had returned from America.[1] So both you and Teppei are approximately third years.

*...* - internal dialogues 

*~*~*~*~*~*

Expressing oneself through speech is an everyday way of life. One just cannot simply end the day without voicing out one's own feelings, ideas, and opinions. Simply, speech contributes color to one's life.

Sometimes, this is not the case. 

A person can still express his feelings, ideas, and opinions in other ways, right? Even without using one's voice?

~*~

Kiyoshi Teppei arrived at the gates of the (Last name) residence. Although he's been in this area of the neighborhood for a couple of times, that fact still didn't help ease his nervousness.

 "It's still 5 minutes early." He said to himself as he look at his watch. 

 He sighed, still feeling nervous. *At least I have the time to compose myself. Don't want to look awkward in front of (Name) now do I?* But even trying to compose himself is not working.

 *You can do this Teppei! This is your first date so you have to make it perfect.*

A tap on his shoulder startled him. Turning around, he saw you standing in front of your gates as you greeted him with a shy smile.

*She looks even cuter with polka dots.[2]* He thought at a small blush tinted his cheeks.

"You look even cuter today (Name)." He said as he rubs the back of his head, the blush now evident in his cheeks.

Your cheeks are dusted in pink as well. Pulling out a notebook from you bag[3], you wrote your reply.

You think so? I thought it looks plane for the occasion

 "Oh no, not at all. You look really great in that (Name)" He gave you a sweet smile.

Thank you. Your look[4] today suits you best, Teppei-kun.

"Why thank you (Name)." He nervously laughs.

Grabbing your hand and intertwining his fingers with yours, Teppei pulled you along with him.

~*~

Both of you usually have your dates at school, at your homes, or during basketball games and practices. Knowing that both of you are dating for over 3 months now, Kiyoshi had decided to take you outside for your first proper date.

Expecting things to be a little awkward, he had prepared today's itinerary with the help of the whole basketball club. And knowing that his dear (Name) loves food, he had brought you to Harajuku.

It is evident in your expression that you love Harajuku, especially it's street foods. Every time you smell something delicious in the air you will give a light tug on Kiyoshi's sweatshirt and point to the direction where the smell's coming from. He will then hold onto your hands tighter and pull you towards the direction that you pointed to him.

*It's good that I chose to ask Riko and the others on where I will have to bring (Name) for our first date. Or else our first date will be ruined.* He thought as he payed for 2 orders of dorayaki.

Upon seeing the sweet treats, you quickly write on your notebook and showed it to Kiyoshi.

This is your favorite, right Teppei-kun?

"Hai, it is. Try it, it's good." Kiyoshi said as he handed you one.

Taking a bite from the treat, your eyes sparkle, feeling the pancake with a sweet Azuki red bean paste filling melts in your mouth.

This is delicious Teppei-kun!

You quickly wrote in your notebook after taking another bite from the treat.

"Haha! I'm glad you liked it (Name)" He said happily as he looks at you with adoration.

What he didn't expect next is when you gave him a kiss on the cheek, the feeling of his cheeks burning as deep pink dusts his cheeks.

You gave him a smile with the same adoration that he feels for you and giggling upon seeing his burning face.

*Oh how I love hearing her giggles.* He thought, taking one of your hands and giving it a light squeeze.

"I know what I'm going to say to you will probably be awkward, since that we've just dated for 3 months. But I wanted you to know how much I love you (Name)." He suddenly said, making your face almost as red as a tomato. "Thank you for making me feel this special in your own unique ways. And I wouldn't want it in any other way."

You don't know how to respond to him. You cannot write your response on your notebook for both your hands are occupied; one holding the dorayaki while the other one is being held by Kiyoshi.

Without having seconds thoughts, you muster up your courage and gave him a kiss on the lips. Simple, but Kiyoshi can feel the love and passion that you have for him. After he returns the kiss, both of you gave each other's hand a squeeze as you made your way in the bustling streets of Harajuku.

~*~

Youwere born mute, but it didn't hinder you to do whatever you want to do in life. It's hard at first, being the only one not to speak. But it didn't matter, since you've thought of other ways to communicate.

You'realways seen with a notebook and pen in hand, this way you can easily express yourself to others. You know to yourself that it's weird, and tiring. Tiring of always having to carry it with you, tiring of always being the center of mockery from people.

Youplanned of giving up on communicating to others, until you met Kiyoshi Teppei when he returned from America.

Hemade you forget the constant teasing that you receive from your classmates, even deciding to always carry your notebook for you. He also gives his sincerest effort to stop others from hurting you. He even introduced you to his basketball teammates and immediately becoming the club's manager.

Kiyoshi Teppeimade you forget that you're different from them. He made you feel special, constantly showering you with compliments and words of encouragement.

Whatmade you the most special among all female students in Seirin is when he asked you to be his one and only.

You are different. You express your feelings, ideas, and opinions to your significant other and everyone without having to use your voice. But what made this trait the most endearing to Kiyoshi Teppei is that the way how you treat him through your actions, making it the most beautiful voice that he ever heard.

 Besides, actions do speak louder than words.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[1]: [WARNING: Spoilers for those who don't know!] Season 3, Episode 25. Kiyoshi went to America to pursue his knee surgery and rehabilitation after Seirin won the Winter Cup
[2]: http://weddingdresa.com/womens-casual-dresses/business-casual-dresses-for-women/
[3]: http://www.retrotogo.com/2008/11/ollie-nic-adelp.html
[4]: Please refer to the picture on top

*~*

Image credit (c) http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2130631
Kuroko no Basuke and Kiyoshi Teppei (c) Fujimaki Tadatoshi
Plotline (c) me
You (c) Kiyoshi Teppei