Like an Open Book (Mayuzumi Chihiro)

A/N: Mayuzumi Chihiro is 21 years old and (Name)-chan is 20 years old in this plot. He decided to study outside Japan for...certain reasons, and (Name)-chan is a native in the country where Mayuzumi studies . If ever you're not a native in the said country, just pretend that you do

And this is in Mayuzumi's POV

*...* - you're having a dialog in your head
"italic" - (Name)-chan is speaking in native tongue

*~*~*~*~*~*

*Urgh...the things I do for books...*

I begrudgingly thought, with a loud sigh mind you, as I enter the convention center.

I know that conventions and events are packed with people, but I never thought that the crowd will be this BIG! This is not what I had planned for, since I hate crowds.

I've decided to take up Asian Studies course, and I am now studying in one of the top universities here in the Philippines.

Why? Well, for one, I heard that an annual international book fair is being held every year here (who doesn't love books?). And two, just for a change of environment. So here I am, muttering some curses as I trudge my way in the busy aisles in the convention center, hoping that I could buy some interesting books and get out of here in one piece.

After some struggle.. FINALLY! I've found my way to one of the known bookstores in the country with so many interesting selections. This store is neat! At least being one with the crowd is a good thing. Well... sometimes.

"Excuse me, are you somehow going to get a book in this shelf? I can't get a book if you're somehow blocking the way."

Someone suddenly said from my side. I slightly jumped at the presence. When I looked, a/an (eye color) hues was looking at me kindly. I can feel my breath hitched in a few second. Nobody had looked at me that way before.

"Excuse m--"

"Sorry, although I have stayed here for about 4 years now, I'm still having a hard time understanding Filipino." I said to her in English.

Wait... why did I sound so rude? Great, now this girl will think of me as some jerk. Not that I care or anything.

"Oh, gomen. I thought you're a native here. You're a Japanese right?" She said with a mix of embarrassment and surprise in her voice.

"You speak Japanese?" I asked while making sure that I don't sound surprised and embarrassed as well.

"Hai. I'm taking up Japanese Studies in (University name)." She said with a smile. Oh man... why am I feel weird in my stomach?