At the Cost of Happiness (Aomine Daiki; Kagami Taiga)

Aomine Daiki x American!Reader x Kagami Taiga

A/N: WARNING! Some profanities included.  

" italic " - Kagami, Alex, and (Name)-chan are speaking in English
*...* - internal dialogues

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Damn it (Name)! Of all guys that you'll be dating why does it have to be him!?"

"As if I have total control of my feelings!

It's been hours since both you and Kagami Taiga, your childhood friend, are arguing when he heard that you're currently dating his rival on the court, Aomine Daiki.  

"But you know that I don't like that dip shit!" Kagami exclaimed. "Sure he's really good at basketball, but attitude-wise I don't approve of him."

"Taiga you're not even listening to me! And how dare you to call him dip shit?! Who're you to decide for me?!" You exclaimed back.

"Guys could both of you PLEASE stop it already? It's almost 12 midnight and you're being noisy!" Your older sister, Alexandra Garcia or just simply Alex, interrupted. "And both of you have school tomorrow so just quit this fighting and go to sleep."

"I'm not staying here, Alex-nee. I don't want to be around Taiga for now." You sighed as you grabbed your school bag and soon left Kagami's apartment.

*Seriously, Taiga's anger is out of control!* You thought as you head straight to Satsuki's house, sending her a message that you'll be staying there for a couple of nights.

*Why can't he just be happy for me? I thought my happiness is important to him..*

~Kagami's POV~

I took a deep breath and tried to cool my head down. After a few minutes and my head is quite clear, I turned to Alex as I felt her looking at me. *Damn, if looks could kill I'm dead meat by now.*

"What you did was so wrong, Taiga. You didn't have to yell at my sister like that!" Alex said, definitely pissed. "Even I don't talk to her that way if I don't like the things that she does."

"How can I not be so damn angry if (Name) is having any interactions with people that I don't like?!" I replied back, the anger slowly coming back.

"But you also like Aomine Daiki." Alex interjected. "Or maybe... you wished that it's YOU who's dating my sister, and not Kiseki no Sedai's ace?"

I looked at her completely surprised. *How did she...*

"I know Taiga. It's quite obvious to me." Alex said, giving me a sad smile.

Well shit.

"I know it hurts. But, could you try at least be happy for her?" She added, giving me comforting squeeze on the shoulder as I took a sit on the sofa. "Her happiness is important 'cause of your love for her, right?"

It's true, I've been having these feelings towards (Name). It started as a simple crush when Tatsuya and I met her at the same time when we met Alex. Though she doesn't play basketball like her sister for she's not good at any sport that she plays.

The simple crush had turned into admiration when we reached middle school. When I realized that my admiration for (Name) Garcia had turned into love, I had already arrived here in Japan.