-Miss Me?- Chapter Eight

*Sherlock's POV*

The Room, The Room, The Room. What on Earth could that mean? There was no clues whatsoever. Maybe it was The R.O.O.M. Something acrostic. Or maybe, just maybe it might just be-

"Sherlock?" John interrupted my thoughts.

We were in a taxi and on our way back to 221B Baker Street.

"What?" I asked, feeling annoyed.

"You haven't spoken in six minutes, twenty four seconds", John glanced at his watch.

"I'm thinking, John, don't interrupt me", I snapped.

"What are you thinking about?" John asked.

"What do you think?" I muttered.

"I don't ever know what to think when it comes to you", John moaned.

I ignored him. Unfortunately, I didn't have any time to think anymore because we had arrived back at 221B.

For ages, I waited for a text from Moriarty. Anything like a clue but I got nothing. He was an impossible man to read and that angered me. Maybe The Room was nothing. Maybe he just said that to make me other think and worry about it whereas it was really non-existent.

Then, my only logical idea came into my head. It may be the most irritating idea that I've ever come across but it had to be done. I was going to ask for my brother's advice which was very rare indeed, seeing as we despised each other.

I regretfully dialled his number into my phone. He answered almost immediately as if he had been expecting me to call.

"Ah, brother dearest", Mycroft spoke sarcastically, "What ever do you request?"

"I need your-" I couldn't even say the stupid word.

"You need my what?" Mycroft asked.

"Help", I groaned.

"I'm sorry?" Mycroft asked, "For a second there, it sounded like you said you needed my help".

"Oh, shut up", I snapped, "Just get over here".

"I'll be five minutes", Mycroft said before hanging up.

Exactly five minutes later, Mycroft arrived just like he said he would with an umbrella ironically. What a surprise.

He walked in the apartment and sat down in John's chair. John walked in and spotted Mycroft, not looking too pleased about his arrival.

"Oh, lovely", John sighed sarcastically, "Well, I suppose I should make you two tea then. Yes? Can anybody hear me or am I invisible?"

"Tea would be magnificent", Mycroft said but in a moody way.

John muttered something about how I should tell him before I invite people over but then he went and put the kettle on.

"Do explain", Mycroft ordered.

"Have you been socialising with James Moriarty lately?" I asked, squinting at him with curiosity.

"Why does that interest you?" Mycroft gave me back the same curious look.

"Why do you have to make everything so complicated?" I asked, snappily, "Just answer the question, please".

"I have", Mycroft finally answered.

"See? That wasn't hard, was it?" I sarcastically applauded him, "When was this?"

"Coincidently, right before you happened to call me", Mycroft replied, "Yes, he wanted to 'play a game'. Of course, I refused at first but then I found out that, if I win, he would leave England".

"And?" I asked, intrigued.

"I won", Mycroft nodded but he looked annoyed.

"So he has left?" I asked, not entirely believing it.

"Are you really that stupid?" Mycroft asked, "Of course he hasn't left. He cheated and snatched the answer away for himself".

"What answer?" I questioned.

"Oh, yes", Mycroft sighed, looking guilty, "Moriarty now knows your fear of fire".

My eyes grew wide.

"What?!" I angrily shouted, "Now he will use that against me, you fool!"

"I am sorry", Mycroft said, not making eye contact.

"You will be", I shook my head at him, "You know what? You don't deserve tea. Get out".

Mycroft sighed and walked out.

Although, to be fair, he did help me. Now I knew that Moriarty was probably going to use my fear against me so that at least I could be prepared.