-Miss Me?- Chapter Thirteen

*Sherlock's POV*

I watched Moriarty walk out of the room, my eye, shoulder, hand, skin, forehead and face still hurting massively. But I couldn't let that stop me. I needed to get out and this was my chance.

My eyes darted around the room until they landed on the penknife that was set on the table next to me. I made my legs grab the table leg to bring it closer towards me. Luckily, my hand could just about reach to get the pen knife. I started cutting the rope quickly. I jumped, almost dropping the knife, when I heard John scream in pain. I started cutting the rope even quicker, desperate to get us both out of here.

Eventually, the rope finally cut, removing my hand with the knife from the rope and setting it free. That meant I could cut the rest of the rope easier. I cut the other rope from the opposite hand and sighed in relief once I was completely free. I stood up, even more blood coming out of my shoulder. I clenched my eyes shut in pain but quickly opened them again. Getting us out of here was more important than a small injury in my shoulder.

To my horror, the door thrusted open and Moriarty walked in. He saw me standing up and angrily walked over to me, slamming me forcefully against the brick wall. His arm pressed against my neck so that I couldn't escape.

"You just couldn't help yourself, could you?" Moriarty snapped.

Thinking fast, I kneed him where it really hurts and he yelled out in pain, releasing the grip from my neck. I took my chance and ran to the other side of the room and to the door. My hand rested on the door handle but something stopped me from opening it. I looked back at Moriarty and pure hatred filled my eyes. I couldn't just leave him here, living. He had hurt everyone I loved and I was going to make sure he paid for it. I needed him dead.

I abandoned the idea of running out of the room like some sort of coward and grabbed a scattered cloth on the floor. I snatched the bottle of alcohol and quickly poured it all over the floor and some on the cloth. My eyes landed upon the lighter but Moriarty had stopped clutching in between his legs and he noticed what I was doing.

Our eyes met across the room and we both ran to the lighter. We ended up on the floor, fighting over the lighter. It was in his hands and I leant over him to try and get it. I felt his fist encounter with my face but I wasn't going to give up now.

I managed to shove my elbow in his face which made his nose bleed and I luckily snatched away the lighter from his hand.

I could've just set the whole room on fire then and there and just left with John but something came over me. Anger. I wanted him to feel what I felt. Quickly though otherwise it would be too late.

I eyes the table and grabbed a knife. He looked up at me, fear in his eyes when he saw the weapon I had in my hands. I automatically stabbed him in both legs so that he couldn't stand up to run after me.

Then, I ran over to the cloth with the lighter in my hand. I brought the lighter next to the cloth but, before I could do it, Moriarty spoke.

"Wait", he panted, clutching his leg in pain, "Please don't do it. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, okay?! I'll leave you alone. I'll even leave England. Just please don't kill me".

I stared down at him and I could see that he had real guilt in his eyes.

"You know, you were right", I spoke and he looked up at me with confusion, "You do owe me. You owe me your life. And do you know what? I'm not even sorry".

Moriarty looked down at the ground and it looked as if he was shaking. It took him a few seconds to look back at me and it was only then that I realised he was crying. I wasn't going to let a few tears stop me from killing this criminal.

"Good bye, Moriarty", I said coldly.

Finally, I set the cloth alight and threw it on the ground which had alcohol all over it. I immediately ran out of the room, locking the steel door behind me.

"SHERLOCK!" I heard Moriarty scream my name but I ignored it.

I ran into the next room and grabbed John who had cuts all over his face. I grabbed him by the shoulder and forced him to run as fast as he could with me outside.

As soon as we hit the grass on the ground outside, the whole building exploded and our bodies were pushed into the air. We landed on the other side of the car park with a hard and heavy thump. I sat up and stared at the blown up building and I suddenly realised what this meant.

James Moriarty was once and for all dead. He was gone, out of our lives. I did it.

Before I could even celebrate, police cars and ambulances rushed towards us. I looked at John with confusion.

"I managed to call the police when I was left in the room alone", John revealed, "Although it was extremely hard to dial with my hands tied up".

We both shared a laugh for a second.

I looked back again at the destroyed building. In fact, for one second, I could've sworn I saw Moriarty standing there, staring at us but he had disappeared when I looked over again. It was probably hallucination from the injuries I had and the loss of blood. I would never know.

All that I knew is that we weren't going to be bothered for a certain amount of time...

THE END