Chapter 3

Mary's POV

We were finally in the tree house when Chris did the secret knock. I look up waiting for his to go inside. He has a nice butt. I heard some mumming. I think they were tried to hide stuff. I was brought back to reality when Chris called for me to head on up. I climbed the rest of the way to see teddy and Chris starting the game and Gordie sitting on some magazines. Vern was all red faced.

"What did you guys do." I say with caution. Vern sighs. I look over and someone throws something inside a box. I eye Gordie who was trying not to smile. I ran by Gordie and fought him for the box. I got a grip and grabbed the box. I open it up to see the magazines Gordie was sitting on. I saw a few comics and a few playbo- OH. Okay.

" uhh, sorry! I thought you were doing something devious." I say. All the boys aren't keeping eye contact nor answering. Then Vern speaks up.

" PLEASE DONT TELL MY MOM ILL GET MY ASS KICKED PLEASE MARY " he pleaded. I smile.

" why would I tell your mom Vern, I want her to like me! " I say and he answered back with a tilted smile and a sigh. I think the boys are embarrassed. So I decided to have a little fun.

" So.... Which one of you bought these?" I say holding it up.

They all looked at Gordie and laughed. I joined in. These boys are actually so sweet. It's a big difference to being the popular girl with lots of friends that are girls to being the new girl with guys for friends. And I don't see that as a bad thing. These guys are the realest the friends I've had.